ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

v6 timing belt renewal

1.2 16v Dynamique.
Hi all

Anyone know if the engine has to be removed from a v6 to change the cam belt or can it be done in place??

Thanks for any info

can be done in place,but its a major ball ache!!

personally id drop the lot, can do the water pump at the same time then;)

Lionel Richie
can be done in place, but you may aswell drop the lot and do the clutch and slave whilst you're at it

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
My m8s vee is going to renault to get all this done next week, clutch, cam belt, water pump & service, costing him £2k:eek:

My m8s vee is going to renault to get all this done next week, clutch, cam belt, water pump & service, costing him £2k:eek:
Lol, A, i'd not give it to them to do unless they know the car (not many do tbh) and B, that price is a complete joke.

Burgandy 174 sport t
I phoned him it rang out, he called back and answered all my questions top guy!! If only he was closer

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
Lol, A, i'd not give it to them to do unless they know the car (not many do tbh) and B, that price is a complete joke.

That quote was from renault in Nottingham (clowns tbh :nono:)

It's going to Ezra Sugden Renault in Worksop, came highly recommended from ppl on here after the usual suspects :p

I don't know how much this place is charging but I think he's having discs & pads all round done as well

Discs & pads will be expensive tbh, he's in for a big bill - he might want to get the clutch done too (it makes sense to get all the big stuff done in one hit)

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
He's getting it all done, just got it back from being re-sprayed that cost him £1k :eek: and he'll be happy that it's all perfect after the service so fair play to him really :approve:

Besides I cant wait for him to come back down to earth & being skint like me & our other housemate :rasp:

Can't wait for our driveway to look mental again:evil: been a bit bleak the past couple of weeks:dapprove:

Lionel Richie
SG, Rentech, AWT, Carlton or k-tec, i've seen the work from those lot, and it gets my approval! (i've seen the work from others too btw)

not a hard job, but bloody time consuming!