ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

VAG Gearbox Conversion

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
No diff in mine yet will get one at some point I think.

Thats a shame mate as it will be so much harder to fit now its in the car, but I guess its a case of not spending too much all in one go.

That said, on the road blasting up and down dual carriageways its not such a big deal having one or not, its only really if doing trackdays its a really big deal, so kind of depends what you want to use it for really.

big boost cup
Thats a shame mate as it will be so much harder to fit now its in the car, but I guess its a case of not spending too much all in one go.

That said, on the road blasting up and down dual carriageways its not such a big deal having one or not, its only really if doing trackdays its a really big deal, so kind of depends what you want to use it for really.

looking back now i should of just chucked one in an been done with it. The main aim is to try and build a car that can turn its hand to a few things really track/strip/harrasing "quick" cars

Allan-

ClioSport Club Member
Well its been very wet at home so not driven it a lot yet but did manage a couple of hard launches. IMO it feels so much better than the standard Renault box. much more precise and "tight"
the ratios suit the car so well. with the added bonus of having the sixth gear. the install looks completely OEM. the quality of Chris's work is second to none cant fault it one bit. and im over the moon that i can finaly abuse the car how i want to without the worry of the box exploding and the clutch slipping. Highly recomend the conversion by Chris.

Any update ? :D
Also what clutch did you go with and how driveable is it vs the standard box.

big boost cup
its got a 240mm 5 plate paddle clutch think its a Helix one but not sure. bit tricky at first but you will get used to it I stalled driving out of the unit:eek:
I feels better than the renault one tbh

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Sounds like the same clutch I have on my phase 1 turbo, not going to make any real difference what box it is in, if anything though hydraulic operation should make it feel slightly nicer.
But either way, its going to be easy to stall till you get used to it, everyone stalls mine too when they first drive it, including me if I have been away from it for a week!

big boost cup
Sounds like the same clutch I have on my phase 1 turbo, not going to make any real difference what box it is in, if anything though hydraulic operation should make it feel slightly nicer.
But either way, its going to be easy to stall till you get used to it, everyone stalls mine too when they first drive it, including me if I have been away from it for a week!

I havnt driven it for 7 weeks chip mega lols at the traffic lights on hills

big boost cup
well its now done a few hundred miles including a weekend drag racing. have got used to the clutch now. the box still feels as good as new the top end speed is not as high as i expected it to be but hey ho. i didnt buy it for that

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
Does anyone know how much the adaptor plate and flywheel costs? thinking of putting a renault engine into a mk2 golf of all things...

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Think the flywheel was around the £600 iirc and I made my own adaptor plate.

As chip said tho not sure if he sells them separately as I had the guinea pig flywheel

R5GTT, 2L turbo
They're not that expensive Jaff :) The flywheel alone is £450 + delivery. Adaptor plate cost will depend on the cost of manufacture again, but somewhere between £100 and £150.

Allan-

ClioSport Club Member
Which o2m box do you use for this btw
I was just looking around at o2m boxes and LSD and came across this
geardata.jpg

Megane
I cant find info about 0A8 gearbox.
Interial parts have most from 02M gearbox but i want to ask before order adapter plate and flywheel.
Does 0A8 gearbox will fit to 02M Conversion kit avalible on efiparts.co.uk? (bell housing most unknow part...)