ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Valeo Clutch Kit for Ph1 172?

Megane R26
Had a look on GSF and it's showing 2 kits, 1 for £101 and the other for £146, anyone know which one is needed for Ph1 172?

Also any one know the engine code for Ph1 172? F4R.... ?

Thanks

Tom

182, 172 Track Shed
I bought this exact kit a few days ago and this came through the door

20120705_203906.jpg

LUK is a different manufacturer to Valeo right?

Have they sent me the wrong one? :S

Evo 5 RS
Pretty sure the box should say Valeo on it lol. Luk stuff is alright mind you, but it's definitely not what you've bought

182, 172 Track Shed
Just called GSF Birmingham (who run the ebay shop I think)

They are saying they cant offer the Valeo clutches any more and he's not sure why the listing is still on ebay

Looks like I'll be getting a refund :(

340i
Just called GSF Birmingham (who run the ebay shop I think)

They are saying they cant offer the Valeo clutches any more and he's not sure why the listing is still on ebay

Looks like I'll be getting a refund :(

Yep, its the Birmingham guys who run the eBay shop.

Strange, they are not doing Valeo any more... they are a popular item and the proper OE clutch kit!

330i. E30 Touring.
£129 on Euro Car Parts website atm.

I fitted a Sachs one to my Ph1 years back and that was perfectly fine too. Never saw track work though.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Nothing wrong with LUK IMO, they are an OE supplier for a big market sector, their quality os very good. Prefered brand to be used when I was working on 200sx's

Lionel Richie
when you ring the GSF ebay shop ask to speak to Elliot (on here as maynard) he'll sort it out, they do do valeo as we buy from them all the time, he'll sort you out on price too if you mention Cliosport/me ;)

HBT 172 Cup
i have that LUK RepSet clutch on my cup, its fine no need to send it back. Much friendlier bite than the Valeo clutch it replaced too.

HBT 172 Cup
On hindseight i obliterated 2 valeo clutchs, on one, one of the steel band pressure springs shreared meaning i got constant clutch drag, the other just exploded and made a mess of the inside of the bellhousing.

6 of one, half a dozen of the other e.t.c

I do believe LUK make remanufactured clutches, which may be why someone people are having bad experiences, but these shouldnt be confused for the RepSet's