ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Values of Nice Examples increasing

Think number of owners is becoming less of an issue than it used to be. People are realising that enthusiasts change cars quickly and that more owners could just as likely mean people lavishing money on a car as it could mean uncared for.

Mertin

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172&Ph2 172 Cup
That trophy on collecting cars, goes to the effort of 158 pics but cant even remove leaves from the scuttle panel!

Clio182mike

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
People who write a 10 min add are probably fed up of answering questions which are on the add as they will ask anyway!

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
The thing is with that auction site is that it attracts a certain audience - Old/retired, f**k loads of money and very little sense

The sort of people that saw Clio's as they were coming out and now think they're a collectible worth stupid money

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Trophy sold for £11,350...buyer pays £12,031.

Screenshot 2020-08-08 at 21.36.44.png

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
The thing is with that auction site is that it attracts a certain audience - Old/retired, f**k loads of money and very little sense

The sort of people that saw Clio's as they were coming out and now think they're a collectible worth stupid money

The right car in front of the right audience brings the best money.

There is (or was this week) a turbo'd 197 on there, price wasn't great when I saw it last.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
The right car in front of the right audience brings the best money.

There is (or was this week) a turbo'd 197 on there, price wasn't great when I saw it last.
Aye I saw that Meglio sell. Sold for about 8.5k in the end I think

A mate of mine converts them so he's always got his eye out on values

Cads

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, Merc C180 Est
Any idea what the Petrol Blue one that’s just been flipped by a lad on the Facebook page is going to be priced at?
I was intrigued as to what he paid for it in the first place.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Any idea what the Petrol Blue one that’s just been flipped by a lad on the Facebook page is going to be priced at?
I’d guess he paid around 4kish

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
I just seen the paint on it! He says his painter will do it for £150 but he is ‘busy’ the rear arch has rust in it and a massive scratch plus on the a pillar, basically because of the colour at least both sides will need blowing in. Not cheap on a silver car let alone a ‘petrol blue’ which will be a nightmare. Still no mention of belt history. I recon to get the paint right just on what he has shown pictures of is the thick end of a grand, likely it will need belts doing. Plus whatever else lurks beneath....it’s a money pit that thing. Bit like the s**t box I have in the garage currently!

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
I just seen the paint on it! He says his painter will do it for £150 but he is ‘busy’ the rear arch has rust in it and a massive scratch plus on the a pillar, basically because of the colour at least both sides will need blowing in. Not cheap on a silver car let alone a ‘petrol blue’ which will be a nightmare. Still no mention of belt history. I recon to get the paint right just on what he has shown pictures of is the thick end of a grand, likely it will need belts doing. Plus whatever else lurks beneath....it’s a money pit that thing. Bit like the s**t box I have in the garage currently!
Exactly my thoughts, he hasn't even been arsed to sort out the fog lights that currently contain 60% of the insides of the titanic

How much would you pay for a RB 182 with 66k miles? Car is a cat D and has partial service history. Body work in fair condition. Belts are good, Tony banks cat back exhaust, Speedline wheels.

Crazylegs

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Mine is a late 06 plate Silver 182. It's pretty low mileage for its age, 55k genuine miles and HPI clear. It's had 6 owners but it's very clean and drives like a much newer car. Coming into Renault Clio ownership for the first time, I've been pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoy the car. I've come from various Honda's and the Clio is probably better than all of them apart from maybe the CRX VTEC I had.

I took it for a lovely 2 hour drive this morning around North Wales where I live, and I really enjoyed it. It's got plenty of power for me and my needs, it's well balanced and handles well and would probably give more exotic stuff a go on decent roads. Can only see good cars going up in value.

Big Toe

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Campus
Is it just the angle or are those front wheels sat too far in the arch on the petrol blue eBay ad

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5

Wish he'd f**k off and just put it up for sale instead of the shitty 'Got the dent man coming round tomorrow, will be up for sale after that, pm if interested'. How about you just wait until you've finished putting another 50 litres of coolant in it then put a proper advert up?!

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Just seen the advert on Ebay
Needs about £2k worth of paint / tyres & belts etc

& wants £5500 for it..

Its about a £2500 car that as it stands.

Bought for £1500, spent £500-£1k tips on second hand s**t parts for it. Wants to more than double it’s money. Even at £2500 by the time it’s been made ‘right’ it will still be a car with woolly history.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
it’s for sale mate on eBay

Just seen now £5.5k

No mention of belts, service history, you know, all that important stuff. Too busy telling people about the door handles he's changed and the plastics he's sprayed black 😂

Tough crowd! Some might applaud him for taking initiative and doing something entrepreneurial, even if his asking price is a tad optimistic. It's not like it's a pure flip for profit - he has clearly put some time into the car.

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Think it was mentioned earlier on in this or another thread. I personally have absolutely no issue what so ever with people flipping cars to make profit! In fact if they didn’t I wouldn’t have a job! If he sells it for that then fair play to him and condolences to the buyer. But it’s perfectly reasonable for a owners/enthusiast forum to poke holes in the process in this particular example. Making out that you have done a major overhaul and that it needs £150 of paint is disingenuous at the very least. When this car came up for sale originally I was really hoping it was going to be bought and properly turned into a silk purse. Sadly it’s just a pig with a bit of lipstick

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Tough crowd! Some might applaud him for taking initiative and doing something entrepreneurial, even if his asking price is a tad optimistic. It's not like it's a pure flip for profit - he has clearly put some time into the car.

Not really, it's more the making out you've doing a big overhaul of the car and 'saved it' when in reality, all he's done is easy, cosmetic bits.

Couple that with the fact there's no mention of the bits buyer's should be looking at.

@RustyMojo has summed it up perfectly.