ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Values of Nice Examples increasing

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Because it was £1200! That was a large portion of what you could get a new 182 for in 2005. Personally I think ly suits the 182 better than any other renaultsport that's worn it since, these days it needs to be a mint example to warrenty the hefty premium though.
Yeah I suppose but not much when spread over x number of years finance

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
I don’t like yellow cars as a general rule of thumb, but my god it looks lovely on a 182! LY, recaro’s, Turini’s. That does it for me! But then again I own a silver car, bought because I lived the look of titanium silver... I think I like lighter colours on the clio. Just makes it look so fresh.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
LY is an amazing colour. Has to be seen up close in the sun to be truly appreciated. Doesn't picture anywhere near as good as it looks in person

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Racing Blue for me, definitely the nicest colour on a 182. The green in a 197 is also nice.

Agreed Racing Blue is the ultimate 182 colour, closely followed by petrol blue.
Alien Green is the only colour I would consider for a Clio200.

Acid Yellow will always be the ultimate RS Clio colour though

3743b99f7de5bded2f0e2202db532693.jpg

If I had the money I would quite happily spunk 50k to get back into Acid ownership.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Back on topic

I can’t see any reason why nice well looked after examples of 172 / 182 aren’t going to increase in value over the next 5 years.

Ph2 172 currently 1.5k = 3-5k
Ph1 172 currently 2k = 4-6k
182 - currently 3k = 5-7k (excluding RB & LY tax)
Ph2 172 cup - currently 5k = 7-10k
182 Trophy - currently 9k = 12-15k

I think 197’s will struggle like ph2 172’s but nice lower mileage 200’s in SG LY & AG will be around 10k

All my opinions & could be complete b****cks but we shall see [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
Every 172/182 owner with a standard-ish, well cared for example must be really happy with the upward trajectory of prices.

I don’t think it’s a bubble as such, they’re just finally getting to a point where they’re worth more than £1000. Obviously there’s been some rather over-exuberant chancers recently like “Mr.Petrol Blue“ but on the whole it’s great news!

They were seriously under valued a few years ago IMO.

As a pure driving experience you couldn’t buy anything for similar money, I’ve no idea how they were ever so cheap. I guess the sheer amount of them.

Think it helps that Catchpole runs one, Harry has a trophy, bovvington (is it?) has one and a lot of the journo’s have gone full circle realising fun driving isn’t DSG and Apple air play.

Must admit I’ve been championing them on PH and other forums in recent years.

People are always very short sighted with car values increasing too. I’m 43 and have watched cars go from scrap to gold for many years. I was buying 205 gti’s when they were peanuts but tell people that a much Better car than a 205 will be worth more and they laugh for some reason.

The 1*2 is an epic car! One of the best little engines ever, a shell that doesn’t rust (unless damaged) and steering to make you love driving.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
They were seriously under valued a few years ago IMO.

As a pure driving experience you couldn’t buy anything for similar money, I’ve no idea how they were ever so cheap. I guess the sheer amount of them.

Think it helps that Catchpole runs one, Harry has a trophy, bovvington (is it?) has one and a lot of the journo’s have gone full circle realising fun driving isn’t DSG and Apple air play.

Must admit I’ve been championing them on PH and other forums in recent years.

People are always very short sighted with car values increasing too. I’m 43 and have watched cars go from scrap to gold for many years. I was buying 205 gti’s when they were peanuts but tell people that a much Better car than a 205 will be worth more and they laugh for some reason.

The 1*2 is an epic car! One of the best little engines ever, a shell that doesn’t rust (unless damaged) and steering to make you love driving.

That bits debatable...:ROFLMAO:

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
That bits debatable...:ROFLMAO:

Trust me, working in a garage watching much more modern cars get welded every week... 1*2’s don’t really rust unless they’ve seen action.

I think a lot of the rust issues are from damage. The shells are galvanised and it only take a tiny bit of damage to damage that coating to start the rust. I’d wager the majority have had paintwork in their life. My (130k) car has only ever had paint on the front bumper and there’s no rust on the arches or anywhere else like I see on lots. Once that OE panel has been chipped, scratched or sanded or the sills have been crushed its open season for rust.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I suppose but not much when spread over x number of years finance

You say that, but some people still consider the yearly VED as an important point, even when looking at cars in some of the lowest tax brackets.
Some people are just morons.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member

I was with you right till the engine.
Honestly it's nothing special, they make pretty crap power compared to some other engines of the era, you can lash thousands at them just to pip over 200 ponies.

The real magic is such a large engine in such a small and light car, even if the engine is kinda average.

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
I was with you right till the engine.
Honestly it's nothing special, they make pretty crap power compared to some other engines of the era, you can lash thousands at them just to pip over 200 ponies.

The real magic is such a large engine in such a small and light car, even if the engine is kinda average.

My main POV on the engine is the reliability of them, especially for a French car. They are really solid engines.

There’s not many cars that would put up with years of kids beating on them with no doubt poor servicing and then be turned in to track cars & take a thrashing over n over on track.

You say that, but some people still consider the yearly VED as an important point, even when looking at cars in some of the lowest tax brackets.
Some people are just morons.
For some it's a matter of principle. VED is basically a sin tax like booze and cig duty. It's not like the money actually goes on improving the roads. And it's the same amount whether you drive 1,000 miles or 100,000 miles. If you have multiple cars that each only get light use, the costs really stick in the throat.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
It's just another fad I reckon

People have moved away from LY because they're so hard to come by so flocked like sheep to another colour. Now RB is harder to come by so they'll move onto something else like Flame Red. I can't wait for them to realise there's less than 400 Monacos left

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Was always going to be the case with the more popular (rarer) colours fetching string money, they always have. Now that there are less choice all round they will continue to rise.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
RB tax is getting silly now imo.
A guy flagged me down a couple of months ago in Lidl car park, so I stopped and asked him what's up. He just wanted a chat about 182s.
He said he'd just bought a RB 182 on Gumtree , totally unseen. The car was in Southend on sea and he lives in Accrington in the North West.
He paid £7000 or £7500 o_O I can't remember exactly how much he said now.
I looked at the advert and car did look good , was on 53k miles. But £7000+ o_O

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
Awful :D
Ha, ive always called it infernal, ive never really liked it that much :D

ha, like me with my STI. I only bought it as it was a nice car and don’t really like the colour. Everyone tells me how nice it is but I wish it was sonic.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
ha, like me with my STI. I only bought it as it was a nice car and don’t really like the colour. Everyone tells me how nice it is but I wish it was sonic.
Same, only bought it as it had 8k miles on it and i knew the owner and its history. It was basically a brand new car in a rare colour.
It looks good in perfect sunshine. But the other 362 days a year it looks like dirty rusty water :D