ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Valve stem oil seals

Clio 182
Hello,

My recently purchased 182 needs it's valve stem seals need doing... shame but I've got to do the belts anyway so not the end of the world.
Is there a manual for the cylinder heads on these that includes acceptable clearances, tightening sequences and torques? I've had a look through the members area and there are a few official documents but they don't seem to have it all covered.
Any F4R specific tricks worth noting? [other than using the genuine timing tools]

Daniel

Evo 5 RS
It's relatively common, but not massively. Best not to think too much about these things until they become an issue. Blue smoke on over-run is one of the symptoms.

Clio 182
I used to build engines for a living and it has all the signs of buggered seals, I'm doing the belts anyway so in my mind it's just an extra 2-4 hours now rather than a full belt strip later...
The head was rebuilt 60,000miles ago by the previous owner/DIY man including new seals but I can't guarantee that he used OEM seals.
I want to use the car over winter and being in my profession it's not great to leave a client with a puff of blue smoke!
It'll also give me a chance to properly dial in the 428s it's got fitted before the rest of the "fun" begins this winter.
Man maths at its finest.