ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

valver as an everyday car

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

would it be realistically ok, i will be doing bout 40 miles a day, i am buying a minter, all checked but i am speaking wear an tear and fuel etc

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

aye ive used mine every day for the last 2 years - as said keep an eye on the oil level, more you use it more youll need!

Not a Clio

i used to do 70 miles a day, 350 miles a week just to work and back in my valver.

Only major thing that went wrong was i f**ked a shock on a pothole, otherwise it was a very enjoyable way to get to and from work.

2004 Racing Blue 182

i drive to manchester from preston every weekend, to work and back all week, i do on average about 270 miles a week and she is a belter mate, makes the journeys a lot less stress free!!!!

i get about 300 to a tank realistacally, if i take into account plantin the fun pedal!!!

-->NV

Fuel really depends on you driving manner. I can get 300 to a tank or get it down to half that in a really playfull mood. Keep below 4k revs and they really do behave on drinking juice.

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Has mine for 4 years and currently do about 56 miles a day in it plus whatever at weekends. Never let me down and can get up to 400 miles out of a tank (inc reserve).

You can drive it at under 4k as 90 is 4.5k in fifth. You should get good mpg anyway as shouldnt thrash from cold and it takes me half my journey on dual carraigeways to get warm and then on its a 50 or 40 limit anyway.

Feels like a normal car before cam comes in then flies so can be driven both ways.

i do 30 mile a day, use mine to go work and everything else, not really had any serious problems, just general replacement bits etc

Vee dub

Totally agree with that Matt

When im driving steady (pretty much all the time) it feels quiet and comfy. When you want to put your foot down, the noise and feel of the car is unbelievable. Like two diff cars! lol

Ph1 V6

Mine is a daily driver. Had tons of probs when I first got it- but I persevered through (my bank account didnt make it!) and shes amazing fun now. As its been said the seats are some of the most supportive and comfy around. They are juicy tho. Recently started a new job which involves driving all over the shop to events- so dunno whether I will keep it or get something more modern and econmical. Doubt it tho- fun factor 15/10 !!!

Valver

I do 47 miles round trip to work and back in mine everyday and its great, keep an eye on the oil as has been said.

Vee dub

Quote: Originally posted by Freebone on 24 February 2005

tomorrow night mate

:D

dont forget to let her warm up befpore giving it some stick, go steady, they are suprising sometimes! as you know.

Tom

Vee dub

The performance mate...... just as you think your getting used to it, she surprises even more! :eek: lol

Youll love it

2004 Racing Blue 182

you will be driving along in second gear on a round about or somethin, then u will plant the fun pedal and it wont go in the direction your pointing, it will just go straight!!!!!

-->NV

Quote: Originally posted by Freebone on 24 February 2005

that sounds interesting, cant wait to drive it, am so looking forward to it now.

If its a good one you wont be dissapointed at all, mine brings a smile to my face even on the worst days!

Happy driving... :D

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

Hated mine last night really let me down, i got outrun down a hill by a 1.8 vectra old shaper!

i know i bodged it slightly as i started in third when i dropped down to second but i still didnt expect a pasting!

Valver

Quote: Originally posted by NaplesValver on 24 February 2005

you will be driving along in second gear on a round about or somethin, then u will plant the fun pedal and it wont go in the direction your pointing, it will just go straight!!!!!

-->NV
Funny that, I had one of those moments in mine about 4 weeks ago:)

LY 200

Itl be fine as long as you get a good one, look after it properly and dont mind clockin up the miles!!!

Clio 182

Quote: Originally posted by NaplesValver on 24 February 2005
<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6">you will be driving along in second gear on a round about or somethin, then u will plant the fun pedal and it wont go in the direction your pointing, it will just go straight!!!!!<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6">-->NV

Adjustables sort that ;)

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

^^^ do adjustables soften the ride a little or make it even worse? these spring i have on the front are doing my nut in!