ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

valver clutch! HELP!

Ok driving home today, load bang no clutch. Still had drive so drove home. Sriped it down a bit to find the clutch lever in the gearbox has come loose?

So bad i can almost lift it out!

Any help please anyone.

Clio Mk1 Hybrid

either your thrust bearing or clutch pressure plate has given up might have just come off but i doubt it, best way to test for bearing/pressure plate failure is start it up, and put clutch down to the floor and if its kicking back on you ever so slightly then something terminal has gone.. box out jobby although to do a clutch you havent got to take the gearbox out of the car only disconnect it from the engine and slide it over by dropping the subframe to allow clearance

Dave

Clio Mk1 Hybrid

New arm wont be a lot, new clutch wont be that much either, however fitting is a bit of a nightmare but if you dont pull the gearbox out of the car and just leave it in but kind of out the way so you can get to the clutch by lowering the subframe and sliding it in the gap under the nearside

Dave

however fitting is a bit of a nightmare but if you dont pull the gearbox out of the car and just leave it in but kind of out the way so you can get to the clutch by lowering the subframe and sliding it in the gap under the nearside.

Thats what i was thinking. thanks for the input!

Clio Mk1 Hybrid

whip the n/s driveshaft out and pull the o/s balljoint and driveshaft pin and just pull the driveshaft out of the way then rear mount, gearbox mount, starter motor and cables etc dont forget that bolt facing the o/s end of the car behind the starter, i was there for ages thinking why the heck wouldnt the box come off first time i did one, lol after doing 4 valver ones and 2 1.9d clios and soon a 1.2 rn i seem to ne getting the hang of it now lol

Dave