ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Valver clutch pedal problem

Hey Guys,

I did a search already and it seem's the cure is WD40. Anyhow, I tried this with no avail to my current problem:

Around 2 months ago my clutch cable snapped, so I purchased and replaced both the cable and complete clutch mechanism/pedal. The cable was bought from Eurocar Parts which turned out to be tripe as this also snapped!

So I bought a genuine Renault cable, fitted it fine.. I just got back from work and the clutch pedal hit the floor like the cable had snapped! :S But it didn't. The pedal readjusted and it was fine, but I have noticed that even after replacing the cable the biting point would get lower and lower, that same horrible feeling as if it's going to snap. Now and then it makes a "clicky/spring" noise when I put my foot down, not every time, occasionally. And also, when the biting point gets lower than what I'm used to, it somehow readjusts back to normal.. :S

My brother did the replacement for me and followed a routing guide I found on the forum.. He also said that he couldn't find one of the lower brackets as people mentioned on here.

Could the clutch be going?

The pedal (2 months old) is a genuine Renault part
The cable (1 week old) is a genuine renault part.

Any help would be appreciated

ta

:)

Did you fit all the bushes properly in the pedal? Also check the spring hasn't lost tension.

b**ch of a job changing the pedal is.

I've had the exact same problem. Mine snapped so got it replaced with a non renault cable, and that has now snapped too. Mine does that wierd clicky thing to sometimes? What the hell is it? Sam

Golf GTI PP Mk7
my williams is the same, gdi ended up modifying the pedal stopper, they told me it needs a new clutch but im not 100% buying that atm.

Iceberg 172
Oooh, me too - mine does the 'clicky thing' :D on occasions, but not always :S

Seems to be more when it's warmed up than from cold. Feels horrible though.....

Well i just put a new cable in and it still does the clicky think! Oh well. Sounds like the cable adjuster thingy on you pedals knackered! Is horrid trying to get up under the pedals. Hope things work out. Sam

2.0 175dci rs meggy
i have the same problem - cable snapped replcaed for gen one, could not engage gears correctly, modified stop > improved, removed box and replace clutch (slightly worn) and fork, can engage gears ok but have get two types of pedal feel hard and soft, when soft engages gears ok but bites really low and when hard engages gears very knotchy but bites at correct level, have order a pedal assemby from reno should be here tommoz (£22ish) as this is the only bloody thing left - will see if that makes a diff - what pee'd me off is before it snapped gear selection was ok and pedal feel (heavy) and bite point was fine!