ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Valver gearbox

Clio 16v
Hi peeps, new to the site so bear with me.

Just inquiring if anyone has a Clio 16v gearbox for sale in the leicetershire area.
Got a few probs with the box and having it looked at on Weds but just want to find out if anyone has one incase thats the problem.
Also iv been told the 1.4 Rt box will fit, what peoples views on that?

Cheers Rich

S2000
RT box will fit, there will be a slight gap between the bottom of the box and the sump but nothing to worry about as there are a few running RT boxes with no problems. This was being discussed on another forum recently and it seems the RT box might even be a bit stronger than a valver box. They both have the same internals but the RT seems to be less likely to pop the diff circlip which is a common problem in the 16v gearbox.

clio 1.8 16v
u ok mate i have a valver box which has done about 70k, it needs a circaclip, it didnt go i removed it 4 my box which i was gona replace but didnt need 2? im lookin 4 around £120ish.
the only prob mate is im from birmingham.
the circaclip 4 the box is about £5 from reno.

if ur interested let me know buddy.
cheers
rick

Clio 16v
sorry about the delay Rick, is everything ok with the gear box (no crunching or sticking?), Could i just take the circlip off my gear box? Where abouts in Birmingham are U, anywhere near the A42?

clio 1.8 16v
u ok mate yea u can change the circa clip straight ova.
the box is sweet mate no crunchin. i live about 10mins off the m42 ive 4gotin the junction but i can find that out no probs.

clio 1.8 16v
im only askin 4 wat i paid 4 the box. 50 quid 4 a box is drt cheap if u can get hold of them all day long fairplay, but they dont go that cheap all dayevery day.

S2000
tbh I would agree with martin and wouldn't pay more than £60 or so for a box. Last time I got one I didn't have to pay a thing for it - though I did have to trade a car for it, lol.

Williams 1 (no.69)
had an RT box in my clio 16v for two days last year...

1st gear - shorter
2nd gear - shorter

5th gear - same as valver...

Cant reallly remember wot 3rd and 4th were like...

The gap between RT box and 16v Sump isnt a huge issue - bit I would believe that dirt entering throught the gap will over time deteriorate the clutch.