ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Valver handbrake (failed MOT)

Failed on the effiencey(sp) of both sides of the handbrake.

Only spoken to my mate (whos my mechanic) on the phone, but he reckons at worst I could need new rear calipers, depending on the set up of the handbrake.

I know most peoples handbrakes on their valvers are crap, just wondering how anybody has fixed them?

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

sometimes stripping the brakes and winding back in the pistons helps. also put some lubricant behind the rubber gaitors on the rear of the calipers. may need new calipers if that doesnt work. think you can get them for about £60 each exchange at some places.

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Mine only failed on snapped cable years ago. Gues the bias valve could be at fault depending if you have had it lowered and if so by how much.

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Was just gonna say that as cable operated. DOH. Should not come on here after pub....

Quite often people just tighen the handbrake cables so much there is just no travel left to actually use it. If the handbrake tighens but still not works, try to loosen the cables (from under the heatshield). Worked a treat for mine.

mine failed this also, strip the slides out of calipers, slap in a pile of copaslip and put back together, that got mine through, they always seize, but i got mine going again despite seal being finished and surface rust (wee sand with fine emery paper) on slides, will last a while!