ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

valver heat sheild

ive been looking at peoples under bonnet pics on thier valvers,

basically my heat sheild is flat, looks a bit like a thick version of tin foil, its got some sort of insulation ? on the back of it and it looks poo !

people seem to have shaped ones, do renault sell them like this ?

and how much are they ?

thanks people !

cheers mate,

f*ck knows what ive got then,

i think ill have to have a look under my mates bonnet, when hes back off hoiliday.

£45 seems alot of money !

Not a Clio

apparently you dont need one, i know people have run valvers for years without one and had no problems

ill prob keep the one ive got then, till i get a spare 50 notes together,

its blo*dy hot under there though !

and i guess it reflects the heat back quite a bit,

so im keeping the one i have for now

BMW 320d Sport

Yeah Im sure you can run a valver without one, but its there because you dont want the bulkhead soaking up the heat that should be being carried away by airflow, and the brake pipes are behind there as well. Intense heat + brake fluid = bad news.

I aint got 1 but when i was up at Hill Power he recommended i got one ( a man who knows) PLUS why would it be there if it wasnt needed?

Just a thought

2004 Racing Blue 182

Quote: Originally posted by low 16v on 07 September 2003

I aint got 1 but when i was up at Hill Power he recommended i got one ( a man who knows) PLUS why would it be there if it wasnt needed?

Just a thought

why do we have tonsils and an apendix????? we obviously dont need em to survive cause they can be taken out pretty swiftly!

Clio Williams2

Dont obviously need tonsils but I heard they are used to fight disease when ure a baby. Dunno about apendix, think its just an organ partition.

Clio Sport 182
Re: Archived Post from old forum

i replaced mine with heavy foil tray from pound land cut and shaped it to fit better than renaults i was not paying £65.00 dealership wanted good old turkey roast tray did the job no one would no the diference...but i do agree it is recomended to be on there as you will find your brake fluid going over its boiling temp and brake fade will be due or even no brakes when needed i was advised from fellow clio cup team.