ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

valver help please !!

Ok i posted a topic a few days ago about my engine making a clunking noise on a morning sometimes... well i had a look at it this morning and it seems when the noise happens the cam belt is moving from side to side !!:cry:

Anyone any ideas why its doin this ??

i made a short video with sound so u can hear the noise for your selfs , unfortunatly i aint got no webspace so if u wanna try help me ill email u the vid.

Cheers

Rich.

it makes the noise even on idle mate . i think the mounts r ok yeh...according to the history it had a ns engine mount fitted 5k ago,i guess the rest are all the original ones!

Mine seems to come from the passenger side, am going to replace the engine mounts [eventually] and see if that sorts it. The thing is it obviously only makes the clunking when the engine is running but the noise from the engine and IK makes it very hard to pinpoint exactly !!

OK, please clear it up a bit.

It happens when your cambelt AND aux belt (there is no fanbelt) shake side to side!?

Titanium 182

yeh ben, iv seen the vid

the belt, seems to move from side to side causing the knocking but only when cold

maybee somethings loose or trying to come off?

rich- its a wriote off mate, go and give it to the scrappy;)