ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Valver Key Fob

Quick question, the key fob on my valver central locking doesn't work....

Question is can i get another centre infra red thingy from another valver (along with the matching key to match) and literally unplug the old and wack in the new one?

Anyone done it before?

Cheers Guys

1.8 Civic EX
mine stopped working, had to go back to renault and got 2 new key fobs...can't remember how much it came too but they had to get them from France...

(and no, it wasn't just the battery that had died inside them haha!)

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
Quick question, the key fob on my valver central locking doesn't work....

Question is can i get another centre infra red thingy from another valver (along with the matching key to match) and literally unplug the old and wack in the new one?

Anyone done it before?

Cheers Guys

yes! did it on my rt, u need the reciever and key 2 match, u can open up the 2 keys and swap the internals aswell.

J

jamesy

if ya get one from another valver it will need recoding a new one from renault should'nt cost anymore than £75;)

1.2 16v Dynamique.
This happened to me and it was the tiny micro swith inside. It had come adrift from the circuit board so was obviously not doing anything. Get someone who is very good at soldering to put it back on and Im sure it will work fine.