ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Valver lowered too much at back

Its lowered 60mm and its a bit too much, i get the odd scrape and my exhaust is rattling.

I had torsion bar done at a garage first time round, but dont fancy paying for it to be adjusted again.

could i do it myself ?

mines probably over 90 on the back well in comparison to someones lowered over 100 anyway.

[Edited by Plattsy on 05 September 2005 at 8:43pm]

yeah you could possibly do it yourself theres a guide knocking about somewhere.

Clio Mk1 Hybrid

Yeah easy to do.

Just use some WD-40 on the bar ends a couple of weeks before you do it and keep doing that and driving it for a while, they come out dead easy.

al get a pic of mine up, was the lowest on the cliosport stand at trax or least it looked like it anyway. the exhaust snapped gettin it off the ramps because it was to low :(

Caddy Maxi

why people lower the tits off of cars i will never know! the valver handles more than adequate on std height! lower doesnt always mean better! im gonna be going for uprated poundage springs on std height as against decking it which can also f**k up the handling if its not done right or even if its done right and its too low

yeh rich i think thats whats probably knackered my handling up, doesnt hold road well at all! looks smart though but very impractical.

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v

but as you say rich, if its not done right.

A car lowered 100mm SHOULD outhandle the same car lowered 40, with the right set up. Look at freds mk2.

The problem is, you lower a mk1 on a standard torsion bar, youre asking for trouble

Quote: Originally posted by Smokey on 06 September 2005

where are you mate, if your local to cambridge i will do it for ya.

smokey

thanks smokey but im in the yorkshire area, anyone up north willing to help ?