ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

valver not starting, help Im cold!

Naples 16v
jumped in it tonight to drive home from work but it wont start, there was no noise from the fuel pump and the one light on the dash which normally lights up didnt, looks like a heart monitor. What can it be, what can I do? Dom

Immobiliser?

Is it the Oil Pressure light not turning on?
There are a few lights which are usually on..

Naples 16v
My immob was removed years ago because it failed, other ideas that are coming up are fuse-checked that, and main injection relay but Im not sure where that is

'92 172, Lotus Elise
i was told that the heart monitor like light is for the ecu, and if its on its a bad thing!

Does this "heart monitor" thing normally light up?

One sec.. I'll go and check on my Williams, heh.

On Ignition, with my immobiliser disarmed, I only have 3 lights on - Oil Pressure, Battery and Handbrake. (Middle 3 below Outside Temp)

This "heart rate" thing.. apparently, it should turn on.. and then turn off on Ignition - if it comes on when driving etc.. you got a problem. (According to Renault manual).

In my Renault Williams manual, tho, it's down as not used - which probably explains why I've never seen it light up! :) (Dunno if that's just Williams or includes 16v also? :S)

Is your engine turning? Or is it just totally dead?

Naples 16v
its turning and we have bridged the relay for the pump which works so does the relay so I wonder if it may be the ecu

Naples 16v
replaced 8k ish ago, the problem is the fuel pump not receiving info from the ecu the garage think, they are replacing the crank sensor to see if that does anything. ??? GGGGRRRR £££££££