ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Valver owners: Have you ever

Naples Red clio 16v
had to replace your clutch pedal?

Boring question i know but mine went about a year and a half ago and think it is on the way out again. A number of people (including renault mechanic) have remarked that i have a 'heavy' clutch, and it does take more effort than most cars i have ever driven to push the clutch down.

What could the cause of my heavy clutch be (was like it when i bought it)?

Clutch cable was replaced when pedal was replaced

Thanks for any help / input

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
did u replace the clutch pedal aswell? if so it may have been routed wrong which will cause extra heavyness.

Naples Red clio 16v
replaced the full cdlutch pedal assembly (it was the self tightening mechanism thingy (apologies for the technical description!!!) that went, meaning when the clutch pedal was pushed down fully the clutch was not dis-engaged) and the clutch cable was replaced at the same time.

The clutch has been 'heavy' since i bought it.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
yep there all heavy

my clutch cable snapped but in doing so it pulled the mounting point in the back of the pedal so that was replaced to....felt just as heavy after

Naples Red clio 16v
never been in another valver! Tis a shame i know.

But have any other valver drivers actually had to replace the clutch pedal (because the plastic teeth that make up the self tightening thingy have worn down so it doesn't work?)

Cheers

Anyone in surrey (Epsom) have a valver i can use as a comparison?

Cheers

J