ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

valver power steerin

I got a 16v with power steerin problen. when first started in the morning or when left to cool down for a while and turn the wheels it makes a bad sound all i can say is its loud and not nice, sort of like grinding. I think it maybe the fluid freezing but does it when its above 0degrees any ideas?

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

as above^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^.power steering fluid expands quite a lot when it gets hot so probably just taking the level above minimum but when it is cold the level is really low making the pump noisy.

The fluid you want is automatic transmission fluid.(ATF) Ive got this problem and my fluid is topped up fully. it is a horrible noise but goes once youve turned the wheels lock to lock so untill it breaks it can stay that way.

i payed £3.50 for a 1 litre bottle of the stuff from my local garage.Was Comma, Automatic Transmission Fluid. If your gettin the screeching noise its probly bcos youve got a leak , i had the same problem so i topped it upwith some power steering fluid and conditioner which helps to prevent leaks and squeals worked a treat for me.

clio williams, Ph1 172

yeah check if anys been leakin.

i used to have loads of trouble with mine when i had 17s. one of the pipes started leakin so had to replace that, could be the pumps buggered too.

first thing to try is the level and check under the car to see if theres any leasks. the sfuids red so easy to spot.

mines got noisy lately, think its the cold weather that does it though.

S4 (320bhp) + Clio 16v

yer i have got the same problem. really bad sometimes when i first start the car. wont even let me move the steering wheel. it kinda fights bad and does the sqeek thing. the level is fine and its not leeking. anyone no how much a new pump and fitting is???