ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

valver project

ST1050, 320d
hello hello, i just bought a K reg valver for the small price of £300. I know what youre thinking...its gonna be a piece of s**t, but i was surprised at the lack of rust etc. it has nearly 130k on the clock, but according to the guy i bought it off has had a new gearbox, clutch, brakes, rad and battery (ive yet to check all of these extensively) anyway, its not going on the road for a couple of months yet and theres some work to be done, im hopefully gonna be restoring the old girl to her former glory. as you can see theres some de-chavving to be done, im getting rid of the splitter, spoiler and the silver on the front end. im on the look out for a ph2 grill and maybe a new front bumper. ill probably also put my 16" oz superturismos on there aswell at some point. cheers for reading, any thoughts/suggestions/problems i should be looking out for with valvers?

Attachments

• IMAGE_00175.jpg
    IMAGE_00175.jpg
    385 KB · Views: 58
  • IMAGE_00177.jpg
    IMAGE_00177.jpg
    435.8 KB · Views: 58
  • IMAGE_00178.jpg
    IMAGE_00178.jpg
    357.7 KB · Views: 44
  • IMAGE_00176.jpg
    IMAGE_00176.jpg
    323.2 KB · Views: 73
  ST1050, 320d
yeah definitely, me and my old man are gonna give it a proper going over before i mot it and that. i took the shitty splitter off and the grill, im gonna have to at least spray the grill black haha.

Evo 6, E92 320d
Im kinda liking the wheels, they have an old skool look to match the age of the car.
Where in essex pal?

ST1050, 320d
cheers for the comments guys, yeah i figured for £300 you cant really go wrong, i could break it for more. the spoilers gotta go, and the bonnet does need a spray, i want a new bumper too, im almost certain the one on it atm is an rsi bumper. ive sprayed the grill black now, the bonnet vent is next

chris- i live in chelmsford mate.

ST1050, 320d
ahh you live in colchester, i go to essex uni so im there nearly every day sept onwards (y)

yeah i was pretty convinced its an rsi bumper, need to find a ph2 valver bumper, grill and spoiler, must be someone on here who possesses such artifacts haha

ST1050, 320d
anyway, heres a quick fone pic, minus the splitter and with black grille. oh yeah, the number plates gotta go aswell haha

Attachments

• IMAGE_00179.jpg
    IMAGE_00179.jpg
    305.3 KB · Views: 52
  Williams 2, 182 cup
That is a rsi bumper. I saw this car when it was up for sale a while back.

If I remember right there was also play in the steering column. I have a replacement if you need it.

ST1050, 320d
it sure is, i just havent any money to replace the bumper atm. as for the steering column, it seems ok but i havent driven it much so ill get back to you. it certainly needs some tlc but i think it'll pull through haha