ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

valver question

2004 Racing Blue 182

i know the differences in the ph1 and ph2 valvers, and have had a ph1, but (not too sure about askin this, but what the hell) which is the better car?????

would like some neutral input on this please guys!!!

-->BV

I had a Ph2 16V and now have a Ph1 Willy. The Ph2 Valver looked modern that the Willy does and was a bit more soundproofed (the Willy has less soundproofing anyway), but apart from that theres little to tell. The only difference I can think that makes a big impression is the front seats. The Willy and Ph2 Valver seats are based on those of the 19 16V, but the Ph1 seats are still bucket-style and look good (carried over to the RSi in Ph2 and Ph3). There will also be some variation of trim (two sorts in Ph1 and another in Ph2).

Its not like with the Mk2 Renaultsport range - in comparision theres very little difference between the Ph1 and Ph2 16V. The ealier Ph1 cars may be cheaper, but Id say most people buy a 16V on condition these days as theyre all 8 years old or older!

IMO, the leather option is really worth hunting down. All my friends and relatives still comment on that - it really "made" my old Valver.

2004 Racing Blue 182

urfull of the advice today bud, nice one, forgot about the leather, was it an option on the ph1?

-->BV

Clio 182 cup'd

Different rear lights , different wheels, different bump strips, carbon effect boot strip, different seats, different mirrors, different grill, different colour needles on the dials and the majority of PH2 have an airbag.

My valver has got leather interior, nice! ;) Bit hot in the summer though (skirts!), but worth it!

It is personal choice with the Ph1 and Ph2, I personally prefer the Ph1, but as Ben H says, there really isnt much difference at all.

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Yeah personal taste. I prefer the lights, mirrors, side strips and seats of the Phase 2. Find the phase 2 seats one of the best Ive sat in, and in leather just so nice. It just looks freasher than the Phase 1 IMHO.