ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Valver realibilty

Right guys i carnt help it but i want a valver so bad and even thought i found good replacements the valver comes at top of my list for looks and is about the same performance as the others.
So I just wanna know wot the realibilty on a well looked after example would be like?
hope u can help

megane coupe F7R

Reliability will be fine on a well looked after example. Jus learn to get handy with a spanner cuz when they do go wrong its usually gonna cost you a £100 at a time. Parts arnt too expensive, its jus the labour garages charge to fix it. Big engine in small car = big labour costs

well i shoudl be alright then casue my mates dad runs a ford rates garage so i can get labour cost down alot so i should have a good life with a nice example then hopefully.

clio 16v

mine has never let me down, apart from needing a new battery in the 6months ive had her, so i cant complain!!

megane coupe F7R

Mines not really gone wrong in nearly 2 years. Only these things:

New battery £50

Clutch cable £15

Accelerater cable £15

Alternater £90

I also put a clutch in the car and a cambelt kit. These were my own choice though. The clutch was a little heavy. To be honesdt though its still a little heavy. £150

Thats it. Touch wood

Ive devised an equation that suits this question:

Z(X+Y) = R

2F

Z = number of faults per month

X = cost of replacement part(s)

Y = hours taken in repair

F = Fun factor of car scored out of 10

R = reliability

The R Scale (round fractions up)

0 – 5 = excellent

6 – 10 = good

11 – 15 = average

16 – 20 = poor

21 and above = you bought this car off me

[Edited by Le_Smithier on 26 January 2005 at 6:37pm]

Clart

ClioSport Club Member

in a year ive bought:

2 new tyres (£70)

new discs/pads (£50)

New starter motor (£50)

megane coupe F7R

Oh yeh. I forgot to mention two sets of tyres. lol depends how hard you drive as to how quick you get through them.