ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

valver sunroof won't close, need advise?!

Black 2.0 Valver
Had the sunroof on my valver open today ane when i was closing it, it stopped and won't go any further just as it was about to dip into the roof. It's still open and hope it don't rain, can anyone help at all ith this one. It won't budge! the motor still works up to that point.

Saphire Cosworth
Na think they have just put it in the garage tonight. Paul says that it's not evident what the problem is. The motor is running but the runners are stopping it ???

Megane, Former Clio
mine has done this too mate, and posting here now to see how you remove the 98-2001 clio roof linging to i screw mine out. The motor is fine and the mechanism in mine works fine on ONE side but the runner is damaged on the other. the sunroof does not close.....what are we talking for a replacment sunroof.

Hi mate, I just fixed this problem on my valver a couple weeks ago. What you have to do is take all the plastic trim around the electric sunroof button, interior lights, remote sensor etc off until you can see the manual winder. This is just a round piece of metal with a hole for an allan key in it. This is where you can wind it with an allan key if you needed too, but this doesent work. All i found was this metal winder needed pushing up about 3mm, as it had dropped down out of the cog which winds it open & close. I cant see what really stops this dropping out all the time, looks a bit of a crude design!! Hope this helps and is the same thing thats happened to your sunroof. Sam