ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Valver Top Speed

i got about 137mph out of my valver on a long motorway stretch

havent done the williams yet

what has anybody else got in anything?

itd be interestin to know what the 1.4 rts do and all that stuff

indicated top speeds

1.4RT standard 120mph

mk2 172 standard 142mph ran out of road might have got a fraction more

mine was 137 on the standard 15s but it had been through some sh*t.

i dont really know why i bought it. it really was the worst example ive ever seen.

but hey my williams is mint

i remember topping out my first car.

it was a nova 1.2 4 speed

i got it to 110mph and it was rattling so bad the glovebox opened

what a sh*t piece

LOL I managed 145mph in my first car - an XR2. It was supposed to be 112 top speed and could barley get there on the flat with a 20 mile straight, but we have a huge hill on the edge of town thats about 2 miles long, very good for fake top speeds.

I have only had the williams for 2 days and 110 is the highest ive had out of it, and that was by accident. I live in Inverness BTW so even if your in the North of England it would take you 3 hours to get here - LOL

ive had my williams for 5 days now.

pretty sweet aint they?

mine was a one owner from new full renault service history job.

drives like a dream

Ive been up to 120mph in the Willy, but Im not really keen on that sort of speed. Is the Willys top speed 130mph? Working it out from the rev counter it seems that way. Does it have a shorter final gear than the Valver or is it just because it only revs to 6500rpm?

Rhys

clio 20v

mine pulls to the limiter in fifth so unless its chipped an indicated 140ish is all ull get out of a willy

think the willy fifth is longer than a valvers

got my rt up to about 115, with the 15s on tho they really slow her down, reckon if i was going ofr long ebough i could get about the same, but havent gone any faster than a ton with them on. agree with rhys - those kinds of speeds feel sh*t fast in my rt, after my last incident with a fox on the motorway at 70, can just imagine it at 100+ :eek:

well and truly off the clock then nice one

i managed to pull nearly 140 in our company focus estate on a downhill stretch of motorway.

Iv got 133mph out of mine with 17s and 130mph with 15s

I dont know if mine is topping out at that. I sh*t myself doing that speed as i need to keep my licence!! So i back off!!

Raced my birds XSi 106 the other day and was supprised as that done just over 125mph and thats only a 1.4!!!!

Kev

Clio v6

aaronc.. How come 2 mins later you hadnt notched up any more miles. Surely 2 mins at those sort of speeds the speedo should have moved on a few?

goin at 150 mph for 2 mins he would have covered about 5 miles and you cant see the last digit on his speedo. it looks right to me

I found that using a stop watch and miles posts (this is far more acturate than people think) that most speedos are upto 6% out at normal motorway speeds but anything over 100-110, they become more acurate (around 2% out).

!7 wheels should have the same rolling radius therefore no speedo difference.

Tops speeds quoted by mags etc are done in both directions on exactly the same patch of road to eliminate wind/gradient advantage. So you could get 145 in one direction and 120 in the other. The mag will quote 132 top end.

hope this helps.

got my valver off the clock too, but its done 120k, i was impressed but only the guy who was with me believes me. thought it was gona blow up.:devilish:

Ive had a beige D-plate 1.0 litre Metro at an indicated 115+ in top (i.e. fourth gear) :p

This was an old girlfriends car and she used to thrash it more than me! By the time it was well loosened up, we could get 30 in first, 50 in second, 80 in 3rd and 115+ in fourth...

That car rocked - itd start first time, every time, you could throw it in to just about any corner and it would stick all the way through. Sadly, it was a Metro. And it was beige. And it was getting very, very tired by the time it went... I believe some dodgy geezer then bought it for £50, gave it a dodgy MOT and drove around in it! Wonder how long it took to go bang...? :)

134 is best I,ve got, there aint many long staights where I live, but loads of 100mph winding scary B-Roads which is interesting, always loads of youngsters writing cars of all over the shop. At 134 on 16 wheels wasnt too far off limiter, need to raise that, off the clock pic above is classic

Well Im hoping for 150+ from my valver once its on the road again. My calculations of gearing, drag, power etc lead me to believe 150mph should be possible. Im getting a GPS Snooper as well so I can get a true mph reading rather than relying on the clocks.