ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

valver trouble

CLIO VAN 1.2
i was driving my valver earlier today and seems to be that the oil pump has gone does anyone know how long it takes to change plus how do i know if the chain has snapped or not any help will be great thanx..

The oil pump can die its does happen just hoep you stopped the engine in time so no serious damage is done.

Err pump isn't a simple job best take the engine out.

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
The oil pump can die its does happen just hoep you stopped the engine in time so no serious damage is done.

Err pump isn't a simple job best take the engine out.
hi edde told him to pm you lol.
took the sum off today and the pump!
the pump seems to work fine,but if you look up to the cog that turns the pump shaft it does not move when you turn the crank over by hand?
it definatley an engine out jobbie now!
am i right in thinking the oil pump is driven off the cam belt on this clio and not the crank directley?
thanks for your help guys

the pump seems to work fine,but if you look up to the cog that turns the pump shaft it does not move when you turn the crank over by hand?
am i right in thinking the oil pump is driven off the cam belt on this clio and not the crank directley?

For the effort IMO take the darn thing out makes it easier to work on.

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd

For the effort IMO take the darn thing out makes it easier to work on.
will let you know how we get on with it fri/sat