ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Van insurance for 19yr old

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
I've had a quick search but nothing has come up.
Basically I'm 19 and need to hire a van in a couple of weeks to help my nan move house. I drive vans at work but can't borrow one for the weekend as the Transit is a breakdown van, so needs to be at work ready for call outs, but also has work benches in rendering it useless for removals.
My mum can drive but won't drive a van as it's "too big and wouldn't be able to drive it."
So does anyone know of anywhere I can hire a van and get insured?
PM me if you need any personal details.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Most places have an over 25 policy so you will struggle to find anywhere that will insure a 19 year old. I reckon your best bet is to hire "a man and a van" for the day. He will drive the van and you will have someone that will help you move stuff.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
My brother has a van and he is 18, its cheaper to insure than a 1.2 clio for him.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
My saturday boy wanted a van as a first 'car' and nobody would touch him.

Back OT, I'm 99% sure you have to be 25 to hire a van nowadays.

RS6 C7
My saturday boy wanted a van as a first 'car' and nobody would touch him.

Back OT, I'm 99% sure you have to be 25 to hire a van nowadays.

I managed to get insured through the family business for £600 on the peugeot partner & expert.

If you want to insure a van and don't go through business insurance it's ridiculously expensive.

To the OP.

Best bet is to find someone with a van already. It's pretty much impossible to rent a van under 25.

AK

M240i
Most hire company's hire vans don't they?

You'll just pay a premium for young drivers cover?!

AK

M240i
Piss off you knob.

Apparently you can't hire vehicles under 21, so I retract my statement.

I was thinking of the extra fee for me, being under 25.

So in summary, f**k you Dan. X

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
It's cheaper to hire a man and van for the day, than a van to drive yourself. Have a look in the local paper, I've used them a couple of times to move house

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
Cheers guys, will see about hiring a man and a van.
It's s**t though because I drive vans day in, day out at work.

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
Ask work if they'll allow you to borrow a van for a day?
The Transit is the only large van we have, but it's a breakdown van so needs to be at work on standby all the time and it's got work benches in so its rendered useless anyway.