ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

VDO Mp3 Changer and 04 182 standard headunit compatibility??

Clio 200 FF Cupped
Hey,
I’m picking up my 182 tommorow (used) which comes with the ‘Audio Pack’ and as I like to have as much music accessible in the car as possible I’d like to swap the 6cd changer for the VDO Dayton CHM 604 MP3 changer so I can load 6 cd’s up with mp3s and have 4gb stored in my car at all times.

I’m looking to do it this way as i’d rather avoid the hassle of changing the standard stereo and the expense of sorting out display/stalk adaptors. Anyways, to get to the point I was wondering firstly if that is possible at all

(are the standard cabasse stereo from an 04 182 and the Dayton mp3 changer compatible)

I read that they were but I’d like to be certain and more importantly is it possible to navigate / skip folders / directories using the headunit?

as I won’t bother if I’ll only be able to stick 700mb of songs on one disc and skip through them one by one (a pain in the ass to say the least).

How I used to do it in my old car (panasonic mp3 headunit) was to have the albums stored as folders on the cd and I could navigate through the folders at the press of a button, Ideally I’d like to do this in the 182 with the changer but I’m worried that the cabasse headunit won’t be equipped to handle both switching between cds in the changer as well as the folders on the cds.

Hope someone can help, cheers in advance,

Andy