ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cd changer just about to order can someone please confirm it well work!

Ford Focus ST2
Ok just about to buy

http://www.addacdchanger.co.uk/Renault_CD_Changer_%28PACK_4_-_VDO_Dayton%29

Renault CD changer package that includes the latest VDO Dayton CHM 604 MP3 CD changer enabling a seamless connection with the following Renault radios resulting in high quality CD sound giving you a superior alternative to the CD changer offered by your dealer at just a fraction of the cost.

Compatible Radios
Renault Tuner List radios: Check your radio fascia for this model name to ensure compatibility.

Compatible Car Models
Renault All models (2000 on)

CD Changer Description
Eliminate the hassle of changing CDs, and let the CHM 604 MP3 CD-MP3 Changer do the hard work for you. You can play your home-burned CD-R's as well as original CDs and the compact design allows for multiple mounting angles. This 6 disc changer provides superb sound thanks to it's anti-vibration mechanism.

Package Info
This CD changer is from a leading brand manufacturer and guarantees optimum compatibility with your standard radio. Please Note: we cannot offer technical support on items purchased elsewhere as inferior products may have compatibility issues.

Support
If you are unsure or have any concerns about the compatibility of this CD changer package with your car and factory installed radio; please contact us for help as we have an extensive technical information and knowledge resource that is updated on a daily basis.

Alternatively if you experience after sales technical issues you can contact us at any time via Live Support, Phone or Email as all Car Audio Plus products come with FREE Technical Help for life.

Why keep your factory radio?

Retain the functionality of your radio steering controls/dash display (where fitted as standard)
Theft Prevention: No visible signs of adding a CD changer when you keep your standard radio
Retain the integrated look and functionality of the radio and surrounding dash
Car warranty will not be invalidated as No wires need cutting through

Important Notes:
n/a

Features
A simple upgrade at a fraction of dealer cost
6 Disc MP3/WMA CD-Changer
Plays CD-R discs
CD-RW Playback/Multisession
Digital Output
High Speed Anti-Vibration Mechanism
Flexible mounting angles
5M CD lead & magazine included
Universal fixing brackets
Dimensions: (mm) W254 x H63 x D157
Its a 182 standard radio (05 plate) but it does not say turner list on it! but i think it well still work, here are a few pictures of the radio and the back connectors!

Well its 100% definitely work?

Thanks
Rob

Attachments

• DSC01309.JPG
    DSC01309.JPG
    245.4 KB · Views: 85
  • DSC01314.JPG
    DSC01314.JPG
    299 KB · Views: 75
  BMW M135i
I don't think it'll work because the tuner list headunits are made by VDO Dayton who also make the changer, seeing as the later ones were made by cabasse i'm not convinced it'll work.

Wouldn't get one from there anyway theres always a few on ebay at about a third of the price.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
On the 172's its the tuner list headunit , on the 182's its the update list headunit and as far as i know its a different connection on the back of the headunit .
Somebody correct me if i'm wrong ??

MrBillyUK !

I am going to order a connects 2 interface tomorrow so that i can use my archos mp3 player though the standard headunit and thats has got a cd changer socket on that for a sony changer but i am only going to use the audio in on it if you look on the connects 2 web page there will be more info then its just a case of geting a cd changer to fit like i said think it will be a sony one

Matt:)

BMW M135i
MRBILLYUK said:
On the 172's its the tuner list headunit , on the 182's its the update list headunit and as far as i know its a different connection on the back of the headunit .
Somebody correct me if i'm wrong ??

MrBillyUK !

Its the 05 onwards renaults as a whole that have the cabasse update list headunit, the previous ones all use the tuner list so you can get a 182 with the older headunit.
The connection looks the same but not being a dayton hu i'm doubting it'll work.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
bmh.01 said:
Its the 05 onwards renaults as a whole that have the cabasse update list headunit, the previous ones all use the tuner list so you can get a 182 with the older headunit.
The connection looks the same but not being a dayton hu i'm doubting it'll work.

Ok cheers !

So whats the difference in a tuner list and update list ? What does tuner list and update list actually mean . Can't find anything in the headunit manual that tells ya .

MrBillyUK !

BMW M135i
Don't think there actually any difference in the way they work, there just made by different manufacturers so got different names unless the tuner works differently or has extra functions on the cabasse. Apparently the Cabasse isn't as good as the VDO for sq but i've never heard one so can't comment, wouldn't imagine theres much difference being oem.