ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Velcro pads for numberplate?

Hi all.

Looking for some Velcro pads to hold my numberplate on.

I remember seeing about some velcro circles you can get from halfords but when I went in the said they didnt stock anything like that.

So, whats everyone got?

Cheers

Clio 1.2
Hi, I just got some heavy duty Velcro from halfords, one strip each side, works fine.

2012 Clio 1.2
How we'll does Velcro last?? Only I'm thinking of changing mine so that I can swap my plates over from time to time but I'm not convinced the Velcro would last very long. It always seems to pull off 1 surface or the other

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
How we'll does Velcro last?? Only I'm thinking of changing mine so that I can swap my plates over from time to time but I'm not convinced the Velcro would last very long. It always seems to pull off 1 surface or the other

I've had the same Velcro coins for over 4 years without any problems.

Velcro aka quick release reg plates, i wonder why :p

Basically...

The screws on mine have rusted solid an look s**t, so my idea was just to change the screws over. But then I changed my mind and i want it so there is no screws at all.

BUT i would also like to be able to take my plates off while cleaning the car as I find they are a pain for trapping water when drying :p

So yeah! Either that or its just a poor-mans James Bond trick ;)

Many.
I used some Velcro discs from ebay. Heavy duty ones.

Helpful when cleaning the car, and swapping between 3/4 front plate to standard front plate if ever pulled for it.

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
You could use super glue like the previous owner did on mine. It'll never come off and you get a nice crispy white finish that is impossible to remove on the surrounding paint where it dribbles down from applying way too much! It's awesome!! Everyone should do it!

You could use super glue like the previous owner did on mine. It'll never come off and you get a nice crispy white finish that is impossible to remove on the surrounding paint where it dribbles down from applying way too much! It's awesome!! Everyone should do it!
What the actual f**k ?? No way!!

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
Yes way! I replaced the bumper as it had a cut out so the glue on that is gone but it's still along the paint on the boot lid under and round the number plate. Polished up it passes a six feet test but get up close and the stupidity is clearly visible. Thank Christ he let his wallet do the rest of the work on the car in his ownership!! Even No-nails would have made more sense!!