ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

verly lumpy, loss of power and smells

1.6 16v clio priv
Hi guys

On way home from night shift this morning. Pulled up at traffic lights about half way home. When I pulled off car feels lumpy. Its lumpy in all gears. Lumpy idle. noticed a smell when I got out of the car too.

Any idea what it might be and repair cost DIY.

Cheers dave

1.6 16v clio priv
Right Ive just been out to the car.
Pulled off the HT leads one by one all seem to be running.
The Oil was low, not below min but low. Have put another litre in.
Radiator bottle was empty, Filled it up and opened the bleed screw, nothing comes out. Squeezed the pipes can hear air in them. Too bleed screw out completely, quick squirt then nothing.
Ideas please guys

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
You've been running the car with little oil and no coolant, maybe it's overheated and fecked the head gasket?

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
sounds like the head gasget has gone and dropped the coolent,

any signs of mayo under the oil filler cap?

1.6 16v clio priv
oh temp sensr has always read ok too.
Even if the headgasket had gone woulnt the water still circulate and come out bleed screw

1.6 16v clio priv
right just done a compression test.
Results are
210 225 225 225

have not tested to see if number one compression goes up if oil added as was loosing light and didnt wanna leave it on the axel stands in this area.

Spark plug one eletrode is black all others look fine.

Dont think the waters circulating could this have caused the problem, blockage?

Would a blockage cause permanent damage or will it run better if i unblock it.
I'm gonna back flush it tommorrow and see.
Any thoughts guys

Your burning oil in cylinder one, piston ring possibly? maybe valve seals if your lucky. Dont know aboutt he coolant though if the oils not milky then probably not the HG

1.6 16v clio priv
Your burning oil in cylinder one, piston ring possibly? maybe valve seals if your lucky. Dont know aboutt he coolant though if the oils not milky then probably not the HG

Id go with valve seal due to the car history (dont ask) can see it causing it to get this lumpy though so suddenly.
Tommorrow Im gonna flush out the coolant loop then change the spark plugs and see what happens. Plugs are due anyway, was waiting till april to do service so I get holidays and a bit warmer. oh well

1.6 16v clio priv
ok just changed the plugs, and it seems better. I'll reeserve judgement till I drive it though.
Ran it for a few min to get the engine hot and the service light came on.
I'm gonna change the oil and then flush rad.
How do I turn the service light off

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
you need to take it to a dealer for a diagnostic check... the problems you have could be any number of things. It could just be a lambda sensor or something a little more complex...
i doubt the ABS light is part of your engine problem.