ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Very confused with Error code

RenaultSport EDC 200
I have a Clio 200T EDC LUX 2014.

It's a lovely car and never let me down but recently it's been coming up with a "Check anit-pollution system" error which i've seen hundreds of times on renault captur forums but mostly with diesel engines. Check engine light and service light iluminated.

I've put it through my ODB reader and it's come up with P1862 and for the life of me can't see many google results that have anything to do with my clio, let alone renault or even at a push nissan (I think I have a nissan juke engine deep down don't I?).

I can clear it but after 10 or so mins of driving it will come back.

I was using a tuning box but have unplugged it but that hasn't solved it. I also added RS minitor but don't feel like it was exactly at the same time the error appeared.

I think it might be a crank sensor or oxygen sensor. What would you guys do? Replace both or take it in to someone? I'm pretty handy with tools so dont mind getting grubby. It's due it's MOT so needs to be sorted anyway. Car appears to run perfectly and I'm hitting 0-60 in 6 seconds (only to test how engine running) so I don't think my power is reduced at all.

Thanks in advance and hope eveyone is enjoying the long weekend.

RenaultSport EDC 200
Sounds daft but how old is your battery?
New - last winter killed the old one.

And I got the right spec i'm sure - and it starts right up and isn't sluggish at all. Not had gearbox error since changing the battery.

It's weird that I can't find any reference to this problem. Feels like it's a red herring which is why I'm thinking a sensor.

RenaultSport EDC 200
Worth noting my car is on about 85k from what I remember.

Litrally nothing acts up on the car but from what i've read if it is a sensor the computer can get the info it needs from other places, such as the flywheel.

Very confused.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Hi Lucas,

First port of call would be to get it on some better equipment. Something that can give you a Renault specific DF code would be a far better starting point. My Mk4 RS had similar issues and ended up having some wiring to the H02's done under warranty, which ultimately fixed it.

Find out the actual issue though before starting to diagnose wiring faults on circuits which may not be an issue.

RenaultSport EDC 200
Hi Lucas,

First port of call would be to get it on some better equipment. Something that can give you a Renault specific DF code would be a far better starting point. My Mk4 RS had similar issues and ended up having some wiring to the H02's done under warranty, which ultimately fixed it.

Find out the actual issue though before starting to diagnose wiring faults on circuits which may not be an issue.
Thanks, is there something I can buy or is it a dealer/mechanic job?

Thanks for replying.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Personally, I’d say take it to someone who knows what they’re doing. Only because code reading alone rarely delivers results, only more questions.

gambit

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
I have a Clio 200T EDC LUX 2014.

It's a lovely car and never let me down but recently it's been coming up with a "Check anit-pollution system" error which i've seen hundreds of times on renault captur forums but mostly with diesel engines. Check engine light and service light iluminated.

I've put it through my ODB reader and it's come up with P1862 and for the life of me can't see many google results that have anything to do with my clio, let alone renault or even at a push nissan (I think I have a nissan juke engine deep down don't I?).

I can clear it but after 10 or so mins of driving it will come back.

I was using a tuning box but have unplugged it but that hasn't solved it. I also added RS minitor but don't feel like it was exactly at the same time the error appeared.

I think it might be a crank sensor or oxygen sensor. What would you guys do? Replace both or take it in to someone? I'm pretty handy with tools so dont mind getting grubby. It's due it's MOT so needs to be sorted anyway. Car appears to run perfectly and I'm hitting 0-60 in 6 seconds (only to test how engine running) so I don't think my power is reduced at all.

Thanks in advance and hope eveyone is enjoying the long weekend.
Did you get to the bottom of this?

RENAULT CLIO RS 200
Hello.
I have a 2013 Clio Cup RS200 with the same issue,but code reads P1863 instead.
Same symptoms.
The light and message is the same,and the mechanic who put the light out gave me this code.
Light was put out on Friday evening,but appeared again along with the message on Saturday.
So no further forward.
Thank you.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
As above needs reading with better software i.e. can clip which will give you a specific DF code.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Second what @Brigsy said. It does sound like it’s what issues I had which seem to have been solved by replacing the Transmission Control Module.