ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Very liquid looking oil

Cliomaxx69

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 2002
Hi,
I had an oil change done at a Renault shop about 1200 miles ago and I just checked the oil and it looks very liquid, also looks like its above the max level. It drips like water from the dip stick. What do you guys think?
Didn't drive it in 2 days and it's in a garage so about 53°F

Attachments

• EDIT_20220215_131201.mp4
    12.4 MB

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Doesn't appear cloudy or contaminated at all? A touch above the max level isn't an issue.

Did they note down what grade oil they used?

Cliomaxx69

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 2002
Doesn't appear cloudy or contaminated at all? A touch above the max level isn't an issue.

Did they note down what grade oil they used?
Kind of a noob about oil I have no idea what I'm talking about. Just chocked me to see it so liquid and bright.

They used 0w40

Cliomaxx69

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 2002
That's why it's a bit thinner then, should be 5w40 really.
Yeah that's what I bought for my first oil change. I let Renault buy the oil for the service and they were all proud of choosing 0w40 for my sporty engine they said...

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
This is why you don't take old cars to a main dealer, they've not seen one in years and don't have a clue what to do.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
On a worn engine some people do swap to good old 10w40 or even 10w50 for that kinda reason