ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Very noisey Ferodo Pads

n/a
I've had my pads on for a month and they really squeek alot when breaking, i know it is normal for the pads to be noisey but seriously all the time?

ITB BG 182
check they are not lose in the carriers.
I dont know about ferodo pads, but i know some you have to put some kind of paper that it comes with on the back of the pads to give it a tight fit. Otherwise it rattles like a crazy thing and causes a squeek.

Stripped yozza'd cup
I don't have any paper on my mine.... but they don't squeek ever. Just to clarify, what ferodo pads are they?

Fabia VRS & Yeti
These don't need any shims! They need filing down to fit them into the calipers! They will squeak for the first few thousand or so miles depending on use. Go and give them a few stomps from high speed, that might clear them temporarily but it will come back until they are settled in properly.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Mine only squeal when cold. If they do it all the time and even after very heavy braking, they're probably not fitted properly.

n/a
im going to give it a blast either tonight or tommorow morning ant take it from there, they where fitted of sidewaysdanny of here so i dont think they where fitted wrong but can never be sure.

Stripped yozza'd cup
I've had mine 2 weeks and they've squeaked once. I took the shims out and filed them but only a very tiny bit, perhaps 1mm.

n/a
its like mine everytime i break slightly they squeek but when i break a bit hard they dont i've only had them on for about 300 miles so far gets annoying when im driving in town and it squeels like its a bus.

Stripped yozza'd cup
its like mine everytime i break slightly they squeek but when i break a bit hard they dont i've only had them on for about 300 miles so far gets annoying when im driving in town and it squeels like its a bus.

Just brake harder then...

Do you know if danny filed down the pads and took the shims out?

n/a
yes to both mate he even pushed them around to see if there was any play in them, when i mean harder breaking i mean foot all the way down straight away - passenger head into windscreen type of braking lol

HyperAlloy Combat Chassis
Used a few sets of 2500's over the years. Take shims out, clean up, fit with copper slip, never had any squeeks or requirement to file them down!