ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Very oily number 1 plug

Clio 182
Any advice at all would be really appreciated.

I changed the spark plugs and leads today on my 04 plate sport 182, the number 1 plug (nearest the timing belt side)
was dripping oil, just like it had been dipped in a can of oil, the remaining plugs were fine though. With the plugs out I cranked the engine over a couple of times and held a clean cloth above number 1 cylinder and no oil residue appeared at all on the cloth. Any opinions please. :S

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Could also be where some jibbering bufoon has spilt oil everywhere when topping up.

Clio 182
Many thanks for the feedback guys. Where and what are the vvt seal and oil seperator located please. Is there a link on how to change these items, and the cam cover gasket please. Once again thanks a lot on the advice already given. :)

Lionel Richie
vvt seal is easy to do and so is the breather plate, however the rocker cover (cam cover) isn't a DIY job!

Renault Clio 1.2 TCe
Yeah if your a handy guy with a socket set change the vvt seal and seal the oil seperator yourself and see how you go. As Fred@BTM said the cam cover isn't a DIY job as its the timing belt off to do it.

Good luck!

Clio 182
vvt seal is easy to do and so is the breather plate, however the rocker cover (cam cover) isn't a DIY job!

Thanks Fred, where is the vvt seal located please and the same for the breather plate. Sorry if I come across as a complete novice
but its my first Clio and need to learn my way around them. :approve: