ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

very quick amp question as i cant remember?!?!?!?

6/468 17poo
Basically the fuse at the battery (red cable from amp) has a inline fuse @ 40amps, therefore do you have to match it in the actual amp as i was trying to do this at 2.30am after a club last night so was a bit messy!

i think you can put 30amp fuse in the amp and it'll be fine wont it?

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
It depends on the amps maximum current draw, don't you have the book ? What amp is it ?

The fuse at the battery end is really just for safety and you should always put a correctly rated fuse in line near the amp itself, in that way if you got a short in the cable through chaffing or the seats fouling it for example, you would just have a blown fuse, not a fire.

VOLTAGE Taylor ????

6/468 17poo
mate have no idea what amp it was, i was pissed at the time, amps usually take a 30w fuse i thought, think hes coming round later anyway, usually says, where the slot is to put the fuse what ampage it should be, doesnt it?

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
mate have no idea what amp it was, i was pissed at the time, amps usually take a 30w fuse i thought, think hes coming round later anyway, usually says, where the slot is to put the fuse what ampage it should be, doesnt it?

Normally it does, you can also calculate it if you know the maximum power out of the amp.

6/468 17poo
oki doki ill have a look tonight, how do u calculate it then?is there some kind of formula?

Forgot to say cheers peeps

i= p/v

( amps= power(watts)/volts)

that will give you the total amounts of amps that your amp will draw, but it will prob never do that so you need to choose a smaller fuse (depending on how safe you want it to be)

andy