ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Very quick help needed......

Black PH2 172 FF
Right, my 1.4 16v is only firing on 3 cylinders.....

Just bought some new plugs to see if that fixes the problem first (Cheapest fix)

Just took the spark plug cover off. The leads are connected to the tops with little square connectors. I've unplugged those, but how do I get at the actual spark plugs to get them out???

Please help!!!!

Lionel Richie
coil on plugs by the sounds of it, they'll have a small retaining bolt holding them in

it'll be one of those thats gone

Black PH2 172 FF
Ah - there is a small nut right at the bottom of each. I take it these are the ones I need to remove to get to the plugs?

So you reckon that the plugs will probably fix the fault Fred?

172cup
the coil pack on my gf's extreme went... was running on 2 cyl.

The AA collected it (warranty) & reno done it free of charge (warranty)

Shouldn't cost much more than 40 quid for the parts tho

Clio 182
Each plug has its own coil pencil (coil pack) these are the units on top of the spark plugs themselves, that is what the small retaininging bolt undos, as fred says, these are a common failiure on Renos

Black PH2 172 FF
ren182 said:
Each plug has its own coil pencil (coil pack) these are the units on top of the spark plugs themselves, that is what the small retaininging bolt undos, as fred says, these are a common failiure on Renos

Thanks for that mate. I'll get them checked.