ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

very quicky on tyre size of 172 cup

306 TD Slut
this correct?

Michelin Pilot Exalto (PE2) 205 45 R16 V rating

for my 172 cup.

many thanks

(mods feel free to delete this after)

172s came with 195s as standard but you can put 205s on but you'll need to change all 4 and if the car is slammed may suffer scrubbing(incread scrubbing)

306 TD Slut
not lowered at all, completely standard.

poo! cant afford to get all four.

what will it be like if i replace the front two with 205's? and leave the rears as 195's

Will more than likely increase the difference in grip between the front and rear meaning the rear will be more likely to let go alot sooner (in the dry anyway) than the front but I'd be guessing tbh.

205/195 etc.. is the width of the tyre right?

damn why do cars have to be so expensive!

Yup thats the width in mm the 45 part is the height of the sidewall (this is a percentage of the width not the measurement in mm) and the 16 is the size of the wheel in inches.

306 TD Slut
so a 205 on my cup rim would mean it would stick out slightly over the edge? protecting the rim a bit more. and offer better corners as its wider?

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
not lowered at all, completely standard.

poo! cant afford to get all four.

what will it be like if i replace the front two with 205's? and leave the rears as 195's

That's usually considered illegal. If you have different sizes you have to put the wider ones on the rear.

306 TD Slut
what does the 80v and 84v mean. my rear i have conti's and it says 80v

when i go to mytyres.co.uk there are two options 80v and 84v whats what?