ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

very sluggish 182 :(

Recently brought a 182 and yeah its quick but feels so so sluggish. What could the problem be? It is being serviced 2moro so maybe that will cure it but i reckon there is more to it, I have a slow 182 help!!!!

Oh and if i have asked a question that has been asked before i dont care so dont comment in this thread - u no who u r!!!!!!

put a viper on it as soon as i got it and it made no noise difference, no performance difference so took it off and have replaced it with a pipercross cone filter and a cold air feed and now it goes a little better but still not great, hopefully the service will do it some good!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
put a viper on it as soon as i got it and it made no noise difference, no performance difference so took it off and have replaced it with a pipercross cone filter and a cold air feed and now it goes a little better but still not great, hopefully the service will do it some good!
Standard air box probably better, you may have just answered your own question.

M2 Competition

Cone filter in the hot weather might be your answer.

A foam element inside standard airbox seems to produce best results.

Better than yours. C*nt.
1*2s are s**t until you get to 5000rpm, then they go nuts - that's how they are. Technical explanation is down to cam profiles, and is a result of stringing the engine so high. In order to get lots of power without using forced induction you need to sacrifice low-end torque. Makes for a more entertaining drive when you're just messing around, but when you're driving to the shops and back etc it can be a touch frustrating as it more heavily relies on you being in the right gear all the time - which is where my diesel comes in as it's just as quick whether I'm in 2nd gear or 4th gear at 30 when I put my foot down.

Clio 182
Marie,

My sensible suggestion would be as said above use the standard airbox with either standard air filter or K and N panel fiter if you must. My Viper lasted two days before i took it off and sent it back to the company. I found the induction kit stole valuable power low down the rev range and also removed some of the 5K kick.

Rich :)

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI
It will be the heat. Mine was so so slow the other day... just didnt seem to pull! Took it out at 00:00 and it went like a rocket lol!

Megane 225
The FF's are even worse when it's a warm day and you're running the air con! They just don't seem to want to move!