ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

VERY smokey exhaust...

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Last night after dropping the girlfriend home I decided to hammer it down one road (despite my thread in clio discussion :rasp:)

Had a wtf moment, as I saw my rear window completely covered, it struck me it was exhaust fumes. Still had a lot of road left so hammered it through 3rd gear as well and once again, at peak power the entire rear window was overtaken with fumes. The rest of the drive home was normal speeds and it was fine...

I've also noticed this a couple of times when reversing, although no where near as bad. Any ideas?

Dodgy one
Probrably condensation as above, when i reverse i get white smoke from the back the 182 exhaust manages to hold water somehow :S,

Does it use any water?

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Sounding like it's nothing too bad then? I'll try it again when I get on that piece of road cause it's a very clear run down there!

Be next week now...

Mk2 Ph2 Clio II 1.6 16v
Have a mate follow you and see if its blueish (oil) or grey/black (fuel) or dense white (f**k!)...or just water vapour...

PH1 172 Sport
If it hasn't had some stick for a while its probably water vapour. Just keep an eye on it and see if it does it again