ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

veyron vids

Mk2 172
There are some cars which will do 0-60 Faster than the Veyron, Some that do the 1/4 Mile Faster and some which can break the 254mph but not 1 car that can do it all, So for that matter the Veyron is the King of Cars!!

pardon? i believe this car beats it in all things you have said.
http://www.cartype.com/page.cfm?id=1886&alph=all&dec=ALL

Yeah but it looks like a sack of s*it and i bet everything i own it will be s*it to drive!!! its american. nuff said! its been made with a budget of 50 quid. not how the veyron was made.

looks are just a opinion.i dont like the look of the veyron. but that my opinion

it hit 1.05g on the skid pan. that is not s**t..
Skidpad: 1.05 g

Last edited:
  Mk2 172
looks are just a opinion.i dont like the look of the veyron. but that my opinion.

No i dont really but it was made to look like that for a reason. slippery for speed. that ssc thing is utter dogs*it imo. it wont handle, it will fall apart, and will last about 5 mins. the veyron was made with parts from the biggest car manufacturers in the world that that been proven and tested in loads of other cars. such as the 2 v8's in it that have been welded together to make the veyron engine. they should put them on a 100k mileage test and i can guarantee which will still be working!!! trust me it wont be the tub from the states!!! i mean look at the vile cheap tvr ish interior! i could do better myself. fu**in shed!
sorry. been a hard day at work :)

well look at the picture of the veyron rusting already. thats not great building to me.and who knows how long a veyron wil last.there isnt anuff of them to even know that.

im not a big fan of american cars at all.but they do make a few cheap cars with good handling and cost ahell of alot less then others.take the c6 z06.its £50K and can hold its own with supercars.

the veyron has never been tested at the ring for some reason.and they wont let topgear use it on there track ether..i dont know why.but they should do it to prove it can handle well.with it being a 2ton+ pig lol

Mk2 172
well look at the picture of the veyron rusting already. thats not great building to me.and who knows how long a veyron wil last.there isnt anuff of them to even know that.

im not a big fan of american cars at all.but they do make a few cheap cars with good handling and cost ahell of alot less then others.take the c6 z06.its £50K and can hold its own with supercars.

the veyron has never been tested at the ring for some reason.and they wont let topgear use it on there track ether..i dont know why.but they should do it to prove it can handle well.with it being a 2ton+ pig lol

No mate thats the heat sheilds if you look. they rust on every car!!!!

lol well on a mclaren f1 there gold. so it dont rust on that. . if it is a heat sheild it shouldnt rust as it costs 1million. so u would think they could of made it of somthing else....rust = bad ;)

there are other cars id rather have over a veyron. CGT and enzo.

Mk2 172

lol well on a mclaren f1 there gold. so it dont rust on that. . if it is a heat sheild it shouldnt rust as it costs 1million. so u would think they could of made it of somthing else....rust = bad ;)

there are other cars id rather have over a veyron. CGT and enzo.

Ok mte good for you. enzos ugly!!! yuck

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
How proud does that make you feel as a French car owner, watching that video, Knowing that car was made in France lol.

Next tiem someone takes the piss out of French build quality.......

Clio wannabe
All this arguing, whats it all about,

lets face it, the Veyron is an expensive adverticement, some manufacturers go for F1, some go for Rallying, VAG decided to spend the same sort of buget on a car, and it worked.

If someone says 'whats the fastest car' 9.5 out of 10 will say the Veyron, most people will never of heard of the Yank effort.

And yes, the yanks may have the fastest production car currently but if you build a car like the Veyron you would be stupid if you thought no one else would try and beat it, its just a matter of time before they step it up again.

ok, well then strip the veyron, totally, i lightweight ally seat, polly windows, lightweight wheels leightweight everything.

if your not taking into acount the luxury that comes with the veryron then strip it, WILL THE WOOP ANYTHINGS ASS. period.

then take it to wizard or noz and they will sort it out pmsl.

Works...kind of...
The only video's I've seen of it is either straight line drag or motorway stuff.

Therefore it's obvious it handles like a hippo in a shopping trolley.

Hi, thanks for referencing my blog article, where I said each car cost's VAG 5 million......

A better article I did was this one.

Yes, each car will cost VW 5mill, but the technology drip down will repay that investment multiple times over for the group as a whole.

It's the old Mercedes S Class idea, charge the people who CAN pay for the 'cutting edge' technology, and let them fund the R&D budget for improving design and cheapening build so the parts and technologies can make it onto the cars you and me drive.

Oh and one other thing, the norris/sklines will be quicker on the 1/4mile. However they have to be serviced, well pretty much every run.... The Veyron doesn't, AND has a warranty ;) I mean the FQ400 has a 3200mile recomended service interval!

Also as there was some discussion on a 'faster' Veyron, there was this information . If anyone saw the Fifth gear with the Veyron, this was the car that they specificaly made mention to, but where not allowed to speak about or show you...

Oh and JFYI, 7:40 is the only laptime around the ring that the Veyron has done, that was a private (but obviously fairly competent) driver.

Last edited:
ok, well then strip the veyron, totally, i lightweight ally seat, polly windows, lightweight wheels leightweight everything.

if your not taking into acount the luxury that comes with the veryron then strip it, WILL THE WOOP ANYTHINGS ASS. period.

then take it to wizard or noz and they will sort it out pmsl.

and yes if my aunty hand a dick she would be my uncle.

Hi, thanks for referencing my blog article, where I said each car cost's VAG 5 million......

Yes, each car will cost VW 5mill, but the technology drip down will repay that investment multiple times over for the group as a whole.

It's the old Mercedes S Class idea, charge the people who CAN pay for the 'cutting edge' technology, and let them fund the R&D budget for improving design and cheapening build so the parts and technologies can make it onto the cars you and me drive.

Oh and one other thing, the norris/sklines will be quicker on the 1/4mile. However they have to be serviced, well pretty much every run.... The Veyron doesn't, AND has a warranty ;) I mean the FQ400 has a 3200mile recomended service interval!

Also as there was some discussion on a 'faster' Veyron, there was this information . If anyone saw the Fifth gear with the Veyron, this was the car that they specificaly made mention to, but where not allowed to speak about or show you...

Oh and JFYI, 7:40 is the only laptime around the ring that the Veyron has done, that was a private (but obviously fairly competent) driver.

good reads from your blogs ;)

7:40 was the veyrons lap time????? thats pretty poor if so.i know these are probley test drivers.but still would think a veyron should do better..

Nurburgring lap times:
7m43s --- Lamborghini Murcielago
7m50s --- BMW E46 M3 CSL

veyron handles like a miget trying to ride a oiled up hippo bare back?

7:40 was the veyrons lap time????? thats pretty poor if so.i know these are probley test drivers.but still would think a veyron should do better..

Nurburgring lap times:
7m50s --- BMW E46 M3 CSL

I wouldn't say that, but hey 7:40 is a respectable time, and remember it was a non-profesional driver, the fastest laps at the ring are set by Michael Vergers (in a Radical SR8 6:55) and Mika Hakkinen (McLaren F1 GTR 7:11), and let's be honest if the Veyron is only 29seconds a lap slower around a 20km track with traffic and without an F1 driver at the helm is not a bad sign ;) However the Nissan GT-R has just set a 7:38.

The reason that VW don't want the Veyron track benchmarked officialy is because of the car's image as 'the fastest car' (hence the debate here, I think it's the most COMPETENT car on the planet, but certainly not the fastest, after all it is 2 and a bit tons worth of car!), if the car was 'officialy' benchmarked around a track, on which other cars have set times, and it was beaten, then they would loose a little face.

If you remember, the only reason the Ferrari F60 (Enzo) has been stig'ed is because it was a private car that was lent to the BBC, not because Ferrari would give them a car to do it.... which they had with all their other cars.

At the end of the day it's a flagship car, and it would not look good to be tarnished in any way at all.

Having said all that, it is still the fastest 'mass' run production car on the planet (if the limited hand made run can be considered a mass that is). They will certainly build more Veyron's than the SSC.

As for the rust, do you think that Bugatti will let that happen for long, if you need a repair/service they fly out an engineer(with parts) to the car to do it for you, not like you need to drop it off at the dealer (thankfully, as driving a Veyron into the centre of London would be a right PITA!)

Nurburgring lap times:
7m50s --- BMW E46 M3 CSL

I wouldn't say that, but hey 7:40 is a respectable time, and remember it was a non-profesional driver, the fastest laps at the ring are set by Michael Vergers (in a Radical SR8 6:55) and Mika Hakkinen (McLaren F1 GTR 7:11), and let's be honest if the Veyron is only 29seconds a lap slower around a 20km track with traffic and without an F1 driver at the helm is not a bad sign ;) However the Nissan GT-R has just set a 7:38.

The reason that VW don't want the Veyron track benchmarked officialy is because of the car's image as 'the fastest car' (hence the debate here, I think it's the most COMPETENT car on the planet, but certainly not the fastest, after all it is 2 and a bit tons worth of car!), if the car was 'officialy' benchmarked around a track, on which other cars have set times, and it was beaten, then they would loose a little face.

If you remember, the only reason the Ferrari F60 (Enzo) has been stig'ed is because it was a private car that was lent to the BBC, not because Ferrari would give them a car to do it.... which they had with all their other cars.

At the end of the day it's a flagship car, and it would not look good to be tarnished in any way at all.

Having said all that, it is still the fastest 'mass' run production car on the planet (if the limited hand made run can be considered a mass that is). They will certainly build more Veyron's than the SSC.

As for the rust, do you think that Bugatti will let that happen for long, if you need a repair/service they fly out an engineer(with parts) to the car to do it for you, not like you need to drop it off at the dealer (thankfully, as driving a Veyron into the centre of London would be a right PITA!)

the time is ok i guess.but without knowing who was driving it.i guess it means nothing.and VW not letting it being tested in the proper way is kind of GAY. it just wants to be known as the fastest without proving it in other departments.(even tho its not anymore)

they shouldnt of let the rust happen in the first place IMO.but yes they will sort it out.like they use to get someone flown out when your Mclaren F1 broke down.thats what you get when u spend silly money on a car.

as for the aero ssc. i dont think it will sell much ether.but they just built it to beat the veyron top speed.and they did it..maybe its not as well know as the veyron.but its in the record books for now.

how many veyrons have been sold so far? i think they are building 60 a year arent they?

70+(ish) a year, although afaik that's still 60 (normal) and 10-15 'specials' i.e. the Pur Sang, targa and GT.

Like I said, certainly not the fastest, but without doubt the most complete 'hyper' car available. Plus everyone that's driven the SSC says it's properly scary over 200mph, where the veyron is a walk in the park (if you can call 200mph a walk in the park)......

Plus the Veyron has a standard VAG group service schedule, whereas I doubt the SSC does ;)

Plus tuning the Veyron would certainly release some power (at the usual reliability expense), as VAG usually build 15-20% contingency into their lumps.

70+(ish) a year, although afaik that's still 60 (normal) and 10-15 'specials' i.e. the Pur Sang, targa and GT.

Like I said, certainly not the fastest, but without doubt the most complete 'hyper' car available. Plus everyone that's driven the SSC says it's properly scary over 200mph, where the veyron is a walk in the park (if you can call 200mph a walk in the park)......

Plus the Veyron has a standard VAG group service schedule, whereas I doubt the SSC does ;)

Plus tuning the Veyron would certainly release some power (at the usual reliability expense), as VAG usually build 15-20% contingency into their lumps.

yer the full package of speed and luxury was never in doubt.handling maybe is.??

i dontlike the veyron that much.id rather take a proper supercar like a mclaren F1. somthing that u have to work to drive it.the veyron does everything for u.= ghey.

alot of true supercar fans also agree with this also^

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
isnt that what i said,cant compare the F1 to a veyron though.Ever seen inside one.It looks like a racing car,the veyron is like a bentley

Bumder With A Buffer
Well when i was working on developing the Tyre Pressure Monitoring System that the Bugatti uses (so i can say i help manufacture the Veyron!!) there was an "unlimited" budget for that part of it.... 3 years later they had spent over 10 million alone on that part of the car (including engine ECU) development.

One of the test guys from Bugatti once made a comment to us "We have an unlimited budget for developing this"

Richy

Did you get to go out in the Bugatti when you were devoloping it ??

Can you get hold of the tyre monitoring systems ??

Nope afraid i did not go out in it although a couple of engineers did (and said it went like s**t of a shovel!) this was a good year or so before it was released.

I cant get hold of the tyre pressure systems that we used to use as these were kind if made specially to work in F1 cars and the like, we also did the system for the Dakar Rally Mitsubishi's (using mil-spec connectors etc for the ECU which cost a small fortune £150+)

Clio wannabe
we also did the system for the Dakar Rally Mitsubishi's (using mil-spec connectors etc for the ECU which cost a small fortune £150+)

That'll be this one I geuss

DSC00055.jpg

I had to do some work on it in France a few months back.

Sorry, back to topic now