ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Veyron vs GTR

Nimbus Megane R26
niiiiiiiiiiiice. Not your usual fiesta/corsa's brapping about and racing then? lol. That Dubai we thinking?

Turbos.
YouTube suggests the GTRs have over 700bhp, yet still get dicked! I love the Veyron's air brake!

Bit of an odd paintjob on that GTR, but think i like it...

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
the veyron seems to like jumping the gun a bit though lol, few of the drags he boots it before arms are dropped or horn is blasted... im thinking he was more worried about loosing than it looks...

even still a 700bhp gtr is prob a 10th of the price of the veyron, must be hard to swallow that you £1million car only beats a what £100k max tuned gtr lol.

FN2 Type R GT
the veyron seems to like jumping the gun a bit though lol, few of the drags he boots it before arms are dropped or horn is blasted... im thinking he was more worried about loosing than it looks...

even still a 700bhp gtr is prob a 10th of the price of the veyron, must be hard to swallow that you £1million car only beats a what £100k max tuned gtr lol.

Doubt itd be that hard to swallow, its still the fastest production car in the world after all...

172 cup TT
brilliant vid - did you see at the run at 2:10+, some poor b*stard almost wiped the veyron out pulling out of what seemed like the end of the slip road onto the motorway?.. the veyron did a twitch to the left just before the camera cuts

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Doubt itd be that hard to swallow, its still the fastest production car in the world after all...

personally if i had spent £1million on a car, i would wanna be be able to beat a gtr stop have a s**t and get back in and drive home before the gtr crossed the line lol.

seperate note.. in the gtr they film through the rear window at one point and it has an unhealthy misfire lol.

Nippy white cup
personally if i had spent £1million on a car, i would wanna be be able to beat a gtr stop have a s**t and get back in and drive home before the gtr crossed the line lol.

seperate note.. in the gtr they film through the rear window at one point and it has an unhealthy misfire lol.

True but then if I bought a car that can get xx 0-60 times as the skyline does I would expect to be able to actually do it without g/b troubles or warranty issues

Chris

God damn street racers.

I love the Datsun like a son. Can't think of another car I'd rather own as an everyday runner. I will own one.

Having said that, I need a hatchback, so I'd have to have two daily runners.

Turbos.
Come on Malice, you know that achieving performance like that is exponential. Besides, it's not fair to compare modified vs standard. Wonder how much a 700bhp GTR would run without regular maintenance? And in any case, they were 'only' doing 160mph.. that is just getting started for the Bug...

GTRs are a bit common now...starting to go off them!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
True but then if I bought a car that can get xx 0-60 times as the skyline does I would expect to be able to actually do it without g/b troubles or warranty issues

Chris

lol maybe stop reading internet bullshit...

people were using the "launch control" which wasnt lauch control! lol it was for snow and ice as the car stalls at low revs if it doesnt move, there have been tests done with a standstill start without the "launch" and it does the 0-60 times quoted, the "launch" makes it 0.0000000 something quicker and all it does it squeel the wheels and give axel tramp...

the 2010 version is quicker 0-60 has a redesigned gearbox that is also covered under warrantee so all the internet rumours go out the window.

oh and its not a skyline :p

rob i know that but still the bug didnt get that far away from the jap crap lol!

i think you should get your race team to buy one rob and use it to race :) cheaper than a nsx type r lol!

Mk2 172
both aweome cars i wanna see a maclaren f1 LM vs veyron. pick on something its own size. id take the LM.

Now that would be good!!!! None of your top gear staged camera action shots in abu dhabi rubbish, a proper 30mph rolling start like they do on m5board!!!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
both aweome cars i wanna see a maclaren f1 LM vs veyron. pick on something its own size. id take the LM.

Tbf the veyron would destroy the mac above 100. But like you, I'd take the macca all day, every day. Awesome acheivment.
When you think after all these years, it's taken that much money just to beat the macca's performance figures. But the mac will carry 3 people, and luggage. Incredible.

Mk2 172
Tbf the veyron would destroy the mac above 100. But like you, I'd take the macca all day, every day. Awesome acheivment.
When you think after all these years, it's taken that much money just to beat the macca's performance figures. But the mac will carry 3 people, and luggage. Incredible.

Yep, to think the maclaren is over 15 yrs old!!!

The burning question is, if u were given the keys to either a veyron or a mclaren f1 which would you take out for a drive!! I think honestly.... id take the mclaren!! dont know why, just would :)