ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

VForce Intake

http://www.pipercross.net/vforce_product.asp
large_vforce.jpg

RenaultSport Clio 172 CUP
Still waiting to see the graphs for the 182 Clio.. hope it adds around the same amount as the Type R (13 bhp)

Micro site> www.vforcepower.com

Last edited:
  Clio 172 mk2
Good gains but incredibly expensive.

I bet a good fabricator could custom make an airbox up with all the feeds etc for less....just have to move the battery to make some room.

expensive? for that much bhp..... i think its worth it if its same for clio...

??

compared 2 others

Last edited:
  RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
If it actually makes any difference I will be suprised, K&N, Pipercross and all the other Induction kit manufacturers claim increases of 6-12bhp, no one ever sees them in the real world.

If it does make any difference it will only be seen on a highly tuned engine get an open filter and a good fabricator to make you a one off, it will have the same effect, cost less and look unique!

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Would only make that kind of difference if the car was mapped correctly for it.

CrazyK said:
If it actually makes any difference I will be suprised, K&N, Pipercross and all the other Induction kit manufacturers claim increases of 6-12bhp, no one ever sees them in the real world.

If it does make any difference it will only be seen on a highly tuned engine get an open filter and a good fabricator to make you a one off, it will have the same effect, cost less and look unique!

only time will tell :) i thought it looks quite good though.. is that graph bollox then? :)

172 cup (again)
Before xmas, I had confirmed with James from piperx that he would use my 172 to test the kit after the Autosport show. I emailied him 2 weeks ago to check when he wanted it but he hasnt replied, not best pleased but there you go, was looking forward to seeing how good it actually was!?

AJRMOTORSPORT said:
Looks s-h-i-t-e!

i tink it looks kewl :) i guess its only me that likes the looks of it :p :( nm :p i will still get one when they r out :)

Clio 172 mk2
CrazyK said:

That's what I suggested further up...I'd much rather get a nice alloy airbox made up, I'm sure someone like Spec-R could do a one off.

Mégane RS
if it claims to be as good as it says it is i'm sure someone wil buy them, but i cant justify spending £500 on a induction kit, it doesnt look very good niether

clio 200 F4Rt
just thought i would add my 2p's worth... induction kits are a waste of time, money and effort.

that is all.

Well how much is the ITG Maxogen carbon induction kit ? i throught it was around £350, an if this turns out to be better........

dont want to go over old ground or anything, but look at the old threads for the V-Focre and see the power graphs done by inderpendent rolling roads with gains of over 9BHP on the 182.. now everyone knows it is more difficult to get power out of the 182 than it is the 172, so we expect bigger gains when we test on RJA CUPs car, he will aslo be able to confirm testing is inderpendent....
£500 is expensive for an ali airbox, but with a custom carbon fibre intake pipe and carbon cold feed intake, and all the other billit stuff its to be expected...

There have been no other filter producing this power on 182s K&N ITG whoever... also K-Tec will have this on there feature car cover of GTI mag in March.... they will offer a good group buy offer...

Also the gains were without re-map.... think what the gains could have been... but also look at the graph..power through the whole rev range, not only peak power.....

Clio 172 mk2
I like a bit of a project so if I do decide to fit an induction kit if some sort I'd like to do a one-off using a similar idea of open filter inside airbox....been done on WRC cars and gives the best of both worlds.

Be interested to see pics and dyno figs of this new intake system when it goes on production.

There are power graphs posted on an old thread, but I cant repost them...

have a look for Pipercross vforce in the search..

P1PRX said:
dont want to go over old ground or anything, but look at the old threads for the V-Focre and see the power graphs done by inderpendent rolling roads with gains of over 9BHP on the 182.. now everyone knows it is more difficult to get power out of the 182 than it is the 172, so we expect bigger gains when we test on RJA CUPs car, he will aslo be able to confirm testing is inderpendent....
£500 is expensive for an ali airbox, but with a custom carbon fibre intake pipe and carbon cold feed intake, and all the other billit stuff its to be expected...

There have been no other filter producing this power on 182s K&N ITG whoever... also K-Tec will have this on there feature car cover of GTI mag in March.... they will offer a good group buy offer...

Good good well least u have hope :)

"We have an expected launch date of mid/end of February for the Clio
VForce and will be continuing testing and development to also include
the 172 Clio (both Cup and non-Cup)."

Last edited:
  Turbo Beige
I had alook at this at the Autosprt show, it looked very badly finished with holes all around the box and the it really doesn't look like £500 worth of kit (unlike the ITG).

I was thinking of getting one before seeing it and when i tried to ask the guys at the show something about it they were more interested in the women on the stand (but thats understandable because they were v-nice).

Turbo Beige
I had alook at this at the Autosprt show, it looked very badly finished with holes all around the box and the it really doesn't look like £500 worth of kit (unlike the ITG).

I was thinking of getting one before seeing it and when i tried to ask the guys at the show something about it they were more interested in the women on the stand (but thats understandable because they were v-nice).

AJRMOTORSPORT said:
I'd rather pay gruppe M than pay 500 for that!

i really dont see why if the graphs are correct..... :) well anyway only time will tell....

prob be bollox though as u lot say :(

Thanks for finding the graphs slugger....

I must say, the looks are a matter of tast.. the kit on display was a Civic Type R kit, and the holes are for the mounting brackets.. the kit was designed on performance and feature, more than looks all though looks are very important... alway open to suggestions from you guys though..

Clio 172
Does the box section have a valve for when the air pressure builds up too much inside the box, due to car speed?

172 cup (again)
P1PRX is yet to contact me to confirm the test on my car, you have my mobile number so can you call me to let me know if you do still plan to test my 172 cup!?

Clio 172
I'm no expert but from dyno results I've seen before when a mod has been done, they don't usually show a mirror image of the first unmodded run, but with a performance increase. The graph looks more like the machine was 'recalibrated'. I could be entirely wrong.