ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vibration from Climate control fan

Clio 197 + Mrk 3 DCI
Hiya budding petrol heads....

Ive got a Vibration from Climate control fan by the interior light. Ive taken the fan off, cleaned it a bit, it doesnt make a noise when its in my hand and On. There just tends to be a constant humming vibration once that area is clipped back.

Anyone else had this issue?

Clio 172
Same sort of thing I found. Could try a second hand housing from a scrappy first if you think its the mountings.

Generally, I THINK, its the fan causing the unit to vibrate in its mountings, because the fan is on its way out.

It's A Reno
Is it easy to take the housing to bits, 'cos mine's been doing this for a while. I may have to investigate.

most of the noise seems to come from the housing itself so i can't see replacing the fan helping too much... i've tried filling the casing with foam & sticking tape round all the fixings to get rid of some of the vibration but it hasn't made a massive amount of difference. I've just accepted its a s**t design

Clio 197 + Mrk 3 DCI
mines the same, yozza sorts the noise out for me!

Yozza?

With regards to taking the housing off, its very easy just use a flat head screwdriver to take the light out firts, the rest just pulls off.

So there isnt really any exact fix for this issue is there?