ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Victoria concours wax

Za**** & Xr250R
I remember reading one of MagpieV6 and she got some cracking result's with it. I went to buy some myself from ne detailing and the dude there said it's mass production wax so not as good as the likes of dodo juice so he didn't stock it, i'd still give it a go though after seeing the result's of another B/G car. It shouldn't make a difference whether you use a applicator or by hand the only difference is you use more wax with the applicator but it gives an even coat it just depend's what your use to i prefer using my hand to apply.

Here's the link to betty waerinf victoria concours :)

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=447466&highlight=victoria

Last edited:
  Clio mk3 1.2 Extreme
Looks amazing cant wait to use it now will upload a couple of pics when i get a minute

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I would use an applicator mate, maybe a german one or just a standard foam one, no need for hand waxing imo.

Za**** & Xr250R
Looks amazing cant wait to use it now will upload a couple of pics when i get a minute

It certainly does good that's what makes me want some and the price isn't too bad at all i'm looking forward to seeing the results :approve:
What's the wax like is it hard or soft ???

Clio mk3 1.2 Extreme
Yeah £18 for the tub should last ageeees. I dont really know if you'd call it hard or soft i've only used liquid wax's in the past. Its not rock solid though

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
awww, Betty! :)

Tis an excellent wax that, very easy to apply + buff off. Its a very soft wax, a little goes a long way too :)

Clio mk3 1.2 Extreme
Yeah comes up fantastic just used a bit on my bonnet and side wings came up great. Should look even better with 2-3 coats on :)

Si

RS Clio 172
you don't need to coat wax.

it's awesome stuff. i've used it for a while now and always used an applicator :)

Clio mk3 1.2 Extreme
Really? i thought you built layers of wax's up im kinda new to all this detailing

BMW E46 330i Touring
I went to buy some myself from ne detailing and the dude there said it's mass production wax so not as good as the likes of dodo juice so he didn't stock it

Lol, nothing beats a lie to make up for poor stock availability...

Awesome wax and fine to apply by applicator. You can usually get a thinner layer by hand, but I don't as it wrecks my hands (as do most cleaning products).

Very greasy though, so I tend to have two separate MF's for clearing off residue.

Si

RS Clio 172
you can put more than one "layer" on if you want... it'll ensure you've got 100% coverage but in terms of finish the difference will be minimal.

layer sealants is a different kettle of fish though iirc.

There are still plenty of people out there who layer wax though... each to their own i guess.

Bumder With A Buffer
you can put more than one "layer" on if you want... it'll ensure you've got 100% coverage but in terms of finish the difference will be minimal.

layer sealants is a different kettle of fish though iirc.

There are still plenty of people out there who layer wax though... each to their own i guess.

Yep your correct.

Personally I do "occasionally" put 2 layers of nattys blue or dodo juice on mine to try and get a bit more durability out of it. Doesn't look any different though.

Layer Sealents yes makes a difference but wax...negliable if you ask me.

Megane R26
Anything more than two layers to ensure even coverage, is a waste of wax. Top up when it's wearing off, but doing so before then is a waste.

As for the Vics, yes, very good, best wax under £50 probably, or their new Chaos Wax (very similar look, more durable). It is easy to use, but it can catch you out - leave it on for too long and it can be a pig to remove. Also, if you don't remove it properly, it can haze like a mofo, so be aware of that.