ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vid/Sound clip Request.....

tiTTy & SV650
what sounds so good about missing a gear change?! lol I'm glad mine doesn't rev that high, I like my engines to last for the duration of my ownership :D

Golf GTI 1.8T
ermmmm rory your engine will nearly rev that high mate. it sounds the tits and if you havent heard it in your I recommend going out and doing it you will soon be addicted to it lol. its made to do that, the limiter is there to protect the engine so if your hitting it hows that gonna damage it. wouldnt do it on my little fragile engine but that was only a tickle of the limiter this is more like how it should be done haha CLICK ME!

tiTTy & SV650
is that not a raised limit? 7800

i take mine right into the red line but dont see the point in bouncing off the limiter

tiTTy & SV650
a warm 182 rev limiter is 7250 standard as I thought! lol bounces off 6800 if not fully warmed

Golf GTI 1.8T
yeah it is raised, you cant be far off the limiter then. the only point is you just use every last bhp it has I spose and sounds nice :D

tiTTy & SV650
hmm i just think that considering everyone uses 98 ron 'because reno say so' then its a bit drastic for the same person to raise the rev limit and to then bounce off the raised limit cause it sounds nice.

Floor it up a hill in 2nd in a 182 it sounds f**king amazing lol

Golf GTI 1.8T
rory182 said:
a warm 182 rev limiter is 7250 standard as I thought! lol bounces off 6800 if not fully warmed

I wouldnt like to play with that 6800 cold limiter, thats a bit more dangerous lol

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
maybe not mitch as the peak power is really going to be it, all your doing with revving harder is going in higher in the next gear rev wise

Golf GTI 1.8T
yeah its not really usable power is it, I dunno ask a 182 driver why they like the limiter. Sorry for thread jacking 16vclio

tiTTy & SV650
yeah lol Alan I'll take you out in mine if you want and you can compare a 23k mile reasonably well run in one with your 300 miler, air box is noisy. The road from Stathaven over to Drumclog gets my vote.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
mitchzxr said:
yeah its not really usable power is it, I dunno ask a 182 driver why they like the limiter. Sorry for thread jacking 16vclio

true mitch no really useable power jst means your going in the next gear higher and bouncing on limiter might sound guid but wont help with building up pace.

anyway your right...off on a tangient..................

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
bouncing off the limiter is gay as f**k!!

But raising the rev limit will make you go faster as you are able to hold the lower gear for longer before changing up into a gear which is much harder to pull..

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Martin. said:
bouncing off the limiter is gay as f**k!!

But raising the rev limit will make you go faster as you are able to hold the lower gear for longer before changing up into a gear which is much harder to pull..

and you can hold on to a gear longer exiting a corner. without the need to lift off to change...unbalancing the car.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
^^me too.

it's embarassing when people can see you. imo anyways.

i dont get this thing when people say 'it sounds good/mean'!

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent
ah bb tunings good old green monster, sounds better in the flesh up the strip