ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Video Lap of the Nurburgring in a 182

Id be interested to know which bit you think he is faster in.

Quote: Originally posted by Tom on 30 March 2005

Dave ive just watched the videos back to back.

Very similar, your faster than jon in some sections and jon is faster than you.

Quote: Originally posted by davyboy on 30 March 2005
you cant learn the lines in 15 laps though.......he is fast because hes fast!

hes lived on GT4 since it was released...

;-)

/y0z

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Id be interested to know which bit you think he is faster in.

Quote: Originally posted by Tom on 30 March 2005

Dave ive just watched the videos back to back.

Very similar, your faster than jon in some sections and jon is faster than you.

Final section, if you start both videos at ex-muhle.(sp) theres no doubt your quicker in the early sections, your incredibly smooth and jon is a bit too agressive early on which isnt helping.

Id love to go out for a lap if your about next time mate.

Maybe it was the m3 that helped push harder...

Hes maybe 2-3 seconds of your lap. bloody good with no brakes and no experience, nerves aside it was a joy to be a passenger.

172, Tiguan

Quote: Originally posted by y0z2a on 30 March 2005

you cant learn the lines in 15 laps though.......he is fast because hes fast!

hes lived on GT4 since it was released...

;-)

/y0z

lol! Thats a bit of an exageration! Im not that sad! :p

Clio 197

Jon,

The next 10 seconds get a bit harder. Then the next ten that much harder still. It can be done with a box stock Ragnotti on factory rubber so I would think the 182 should have no problem. Just throw some DS2500 pads in the front.

What Dave says about being a gear higher is true. Id have to look a few more times to check, but you did seem to hold a lower gear through some spots. Feels fast, sounds fast, but is slow.

Let me know when you are coming back. Hopefully Ill have another Clio by then.

172, Tiguan

Look forward to it Eddd, my own car is a Ragnotti so well see how it goes. I am looking at getting back over in May hopefully.

Itll be nice to get a time on the circuit without having to do the GP part.

Ill make sure to come over and say Hi again! I think im doing OK having only done 10 to 15 laps, but im always eager to go quicker!

Just signed up to the Ringers Smartgroup to keep up-to-date.

E90

Ill second the above, he took himself , Fred , me and my mate round in 9 mins 11, four up, exhaust bottoming out, Im making Jon a big special medal that Im handing out next time your over. Was it Frank Ricard that spat on Rudi Voller?

Yep I agree - he certainly is quicker from Hohe Acht to the Gantry. This is a section of track where power is not quite so key either.

I wonder how much faster a 182 is that a 172 cup?

I am still impressed though. I know after 15 laps I still didnt know my ass from my elbow!

Although I never had the games to play on either - but it would appear that it helps.

Dave

I am over in May so would be good to get yourself there!

...and if you go faster than me in the Clio....Ill go and get the 944 Turbo ;)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

im going in may if i can, and jon is going with me.

ARENT YOU.

E90

Not to sicken ya, but Im thinking of popping over next weekend, I think Ive caught the bug. Ill be there Tom, if u need a place to kip your welcome, only an hour and a half away

The dates I have planned are this weekend, the 2nd and 3rd April, and May 14th - 16th. Although the Clio will only be there in May.

Dave

172, Tiguan

Dutch, really cant do this weekend, wish I could. Cheers for the offer, I think Tommo and me will take you up on it later in the year!

Im setting my sights for May!

williamsclio.co.uk/forum

Class video jon....Driving was spot on.

Same about the girly boys comentary though ;)

Clio 172PH2

That was absouloutely fierce fair play! totally enjoyed that movie! What speeds did u get then? and what happened on that corner 2wheels was it!? did the esp kick in?

I like that bmw but i reckon ud have taken it further on if youd have had a few more corners! How much practice did u get before going on that lap coz it looked as if you knew the track!

Fair play very good clip!! Id love to have a go on a track day but would defo need to get used to the track before givin it loads!

Ok, I have now had a good look at he clip.

Its really good fun to watch both our clips in different windows, and start them both at the end of the cones (on your right) when you join back after the GP track.

Its really close, I pull out a bit but you definately catch up after Hohe Acht.

Not a huge amount of advice I would give apart from using a higher gear at times.

Dave

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

Just watched it Jon, superb lap...Id better spend a bit more time on GT4 now youve set us all a target!

Youre a very brave man Tom - I let my pal take my Cup round Goodwood, and I didnt shut up the whole time as I was so nervous about him stacking it LOL

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Esp was off(except for the first corner), im 100% sure we would have crashed if it was on.

(or maybe done a slow lap)

Jon was very good with me on my laps out, very patient and was letting me know what was coming up.

172, Tiguan

:D Thanks guys, yes big thanks goes to Tom for letting me use the car!

Dave im downloading your video now!

172, Tiguan

Dave you are quicker through the first half, something I need to work on a bit, I think im to agressive through the quick right, left, right (Sorry not learnt all the names yet )

Was good fun watching them side by side! At the end of the lap it was very close.

Liquid yellow R26 F1

Great vid.. always makes you push that bit harder when youre got something decent to chase..:D Looked like a lot of fun.. alto maybe not for Tom.. I seem to recall that hes not the best passanger..

How did the 182 compare to the Cup around the ring then..???

Tom.. the H&S sounds wicked..!!! Nice and raspy on the overrun as well..:cool:

Weeman sucks ****

James i think jon did a quicker lap in my cup but we never timed it. Plus the H&Rs helped a lot from what I could tell.

Saying that though, the first lap we did on the day (jon driving) was with 4 up, seemed just as quick tbh.

Clio 197

Quote: Originally posted by jon_r on 30 March 2005Look forward to it Eddd, my own car is a Ragnotti so well see how it goes. I am looking at getting back over in May hopefully.Itll be nice to get a time on the circuit without having to do the GP part.Ill make sure to come over and say Hi again! I think im doing OK having only done 10 to 15 laps, but im always eager to go quicker! Just signed up to the Ringers Smartgroup to keep up-to-date.

You need to work up to really fast laps gently. Actually most serious crashes occur once a driver knows the circuit and tries to push. The Nordschleife is unforgiving and there are a lot of places where going just a little bit faster entails a lot of risk in comparison with a modern day circuit. What would be a harmless spin anywhere else is a serious crash on the ring.

Im all for going fast, but keep telling yourself that nobody is paying you to do it and the downside can be considerable should you get it wrong.

Let me know when you are coming over again.

Ed

[Edited by Eddd on 3/31/2005 8:58:43 AM]

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Sound advice that.

As a few of us saw first hand, the ring does not forgive you for mistakes you make.

I hear that guys crash could have been caused by an earlier unreported off by another car who had chucked crap all over the entry to miss hit miss.

So reckless.

dk

911 GTS Cab

Eddd, I think that was the right thing to say, as Tom said, that is sound advice!

And Jon, what a lap, I loved every minute!

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

Awsome lap jon mate!!!! You are a nutter, is a funny vid to, esp jon..... jon esp, esp.....ESP!!!! lol