ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Video Playback On Xbox One (mp4/avi etc etc) - What Do I Need ?

Skoda Fabia vRS
on my old 360 i could just plug in a usb stick and watch whatever, on the One it seems its not that simple

what do i need to play downloaded files like .avi .mp4 etc etc

will their be an update to make it like the 360 used to be ?

1.8 Civic EX
Once in the Xbox Video app on the xbox you need something to "push" the file to the xbox.

I mentioned in the Xbox One thread about an app for your smartphone/tablet called Skifta. Works a treat if you have all your media on a NAS Drive.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
If you're running a networked PC on the same setup as your Xbox One (and Win7 / Win8) then go to Control Panel and "Add a device". Wait until the PC finds the "Xbox One OS" and adds the device. On the Xbox One make sure you have allowed streaming to the device (enabled by default). Then browse on your PC to the media file you wish to play on your PC, right-click and select 'send to Xbox One' or whatever the command is. The relevant app will open on Xbox One (as long as it's installed) and start playing the file (if it's a supported format). Not the best method and far from ideal... but it might get you by in the interim until a future update improves the functionality in this area.

Last edited: