ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

VIN & Reg Not Matching Discription - Colour Of Car

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Re: Supercharged V6

Your car is not scarab green. Is it a bright green or dark green?

what have you got mate?

jamie

I am the proud owner of a MKII (2000, Y-reg - pre face lift) 1.4 Sport. Scarab green, with a few minor modifications - rims, lights, etc.
Can't seem to post a picture directly on here though - can you only link to a hosted page?

Renault Clio S

Your car is not scarab green. Is it a bright green or dark green?

I am the proud owner of a MKII (2000, Y-reg - pre face lift) 1.4 Sport. Scarab green, with a few minor modifications - rims, lights, etc.
Can't seem to post a picture directly on here though - can you only link to a hosted page?

According my renault dealership, who quoted me the colour from the registration plate, it's scarab green. Sorry if you have a problem with that - the avatar to the left is photoshoped by the way and not a reliable colour match.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S

Renalut dealer is a muppet then, only the 172 exclusive was avalible in scarab green, if yours is a light green then I'm gussing its vertigo green.

I will double check I am right tho!

Renault Clio S

Nah, it's more bright green that light. on another note, just checked the AA car insurence website to see if the details provided by my registration plate included the colour. According to them, my 1.4 S is a RenaultSport 172. Should I be worried by that?

your renault dealership like most of them to be fair probably dont know they're arse from they're face lol.

As far as i know scarab green only came on the 172 exclusive? I MAY be wrong though in all fairness.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
hmm.. well i'm positive the colour your descirbing is Vertigo Green. Here is my old one:

jon023.gif

Slightly confusing as to why your car is coming up as a RenaultSport tho...

your renault dealership like most of them to be fair probably dont know they're arse from they're face lol.

As far as i know scarab green only came on the 172 exclusive? I MAY be wrong though in all fairness.

your not wrong.

Last edited:
  Renault Clio S

Here she is - looks like the same colour to me?

Attachments

• DSCF0874.jpg
    DSCF0874.jpg
    411.8 KB · Views: 48
  • DSCF0871.jpg
    DSCF0871.jpg
    333.4 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
  1.8 8v RSi

Nah, it's more bright green that light. on another note, just checked the AA car insurence website to see if the details provided by my registration plate included the colour. According to them, my 1.4 S is a RenaultSport 172. Should I be worried by that?
i'd be worried about tht...sounds like they put the wrong number plat eon your car when u bought it lol scarrab green is only on the 172

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S

Here she is - looks like the same colour to me?

That is 100% Vertigo Green :) awesome colour and looks liek you've got a very nice example there!

Regarding your car coming up as an RS, it may be worth getting as much info as possible from Renault and then confront the DVLA with that information.

Renault Clio S

Ta - slightly off topic for a Supercharged V6 thread though - hehe.

Was your old motor an S?

Renault Clio S
Hmm - still showing up as a RENAULTSPORT 172 16V, 1998cc, 3 Door, Petrol, Manual on the AA insurance quote site. I'll have to amend this.

Renault Clio S
Ah, listed as 2000 plate (correct) with a 1390CC engine (correct).

Ta for that -I'm legit after all it would seem.

was beginning to think cut and shut there for a moment.