ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

viper induction. keep or bin???

ph2 172
Hi, i have a 172 with a viper induction kit and although it sounds meaty i am a bit sceptical as to does it do what it says on the tin?
I have seen mixed views on induction kits in the past and have always kept away. personally i think standard air box with a decent filter is better.
Has anyone done or seen back to back tests to show if there is any evidence to back up the manufactures claims about increased hp?
There is the fuel saving to consider too i guess!

kwak ZX9R+golf gttdi
general rule on here is induction kits give a nice noise but faff all else mate,unless married with other engine work,
airbox and panel filter seem the best option.
stick it on ebay,and revert back imo.

mine came with an induction kit but no std airbox,
so im scouring ebay for one and all fittings.

clio 172 phase 2
i had one of these on my car when i bought it sounds epic on full chat , but i felt it was very slugglish low revs , this week i actually went back to the standard airbox setup and it has made a big diffrence the car pulls alot better just feels alot more refind than a load of induction noise , also getting 2 mpg more also :) im running standard air filter element at the moment hoping to get some sort of panel filter soon . so in my opinion mate sell it on !

ph2 172
Well i think i have made my mind up and its the way i thought best. so anyone want to buy an induction kit? :)
More to the point anyone know of a standard airbox going cheap or a v6 one for that matter?

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I had one on mine but I felt that it didn't seem as responsive. The v6 box sounds great and seems more responsive than the viper but doesn't look as good. I've found the setup is the standard box with a panel filter and remove the acoustic valve if you want more noise :)