ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Viper installed :o)

Mazda MX5 1.8
well my viper turned up a few days ago so i have had the joy of fitting it today.

before (well sorta)
P1010404.gif

after
P10102212.gif

P10102232.gif

£200 & a few layers of skin later and the engine seems to be pulling better from lower down. maybe its my imagination.........
its a lot quieter than i thought it would be but gives the exhaust a chance to sing

thanx goes to 2modified

just gotta clean the previous one to put it up for sale :)

Mazda MX5 1.8
prince_zorro said:
any change in the performance??

i havent really had a chance to drive it much but it doesnt seem to be much different although appears to pull harder from lower down.

this could be because the filter is clean though......

the cold air feed is going to the area where it is as std (behind the light) as there is a vent under the car and along side the headlight so at least it will be getting cooler air than the other......

Mazda MX5 1.8
caf:

P10102252.gif

i do have a caf trumpet for some reason but the caf pipe was no where near long enough to get anywhere useful

clio__chris said:
caf:

P10102252.gif

i do have a caf trumpet for some reason but the caf pipe was no where near long enough to get anywhere useful

if u want the extention pipe , u can get 1 from pipercross

did i tell u its free

Last edited:
  Mazda MX5 1.8
the top one was alright but it was made of plastic (carbon effect) and prefer the noise of a foam filter to a cotton one. also viper is a much better fit & better quality

plus fancied a change

im thinking about getting my engine cover colour coded........ hmmmmmm

BMW M135i
How much did you pay and where did you get it from if you don't mind me asking ? Am quiet temped to get one myself.