ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

viper or panel filter

obviously its the viper all the way but the panel filter costs 1/10 of what the viper does, anyone got any strong reasons why i wuld want the viper? on my old clio i had a panel filter, a hole cut in the front of the o/e airbox with a piece of ducting leading to the side of the radiator, surely the advantages of the veiper over this sytem arent worth 180+ quid?

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

You get what you pay for...

A carbon airbox such as a Viper, BMC or Maxogen will give better gains.

Of the 3 the BMC CDA is the best in terms of price vs performance!

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

Best bet on the valver at the moment is standard airbox with a panel filter. Gut the standard feed and run 73mm ducting to the foglight/hole next to the foglight. Could also cut the aibox and fitt another feed to the front grill like you did before.

I would just get a decent panel filter like itg and add extra air feeds. Also remove the pipe into your airbox and have it loose infront of the whole to get the extra air in. ive done that to mine after removing my K&N and makes a lot of difference. it also sounds beefy and not tacky like the K&N did

Clio 172 cup

Quote: Originally posted by clean16v on 22 March 2004

obviously its the viper all the way but the panel filter costs 1/10 of what the viper does, anyone got any strong reasons why i wuld want the viper? on my old clio i had a panel filter, a hole cut in the front of the o/e airbox with a piece of ducting leading to the side of the radiator, surely the advantages of the veiper over this sytem arent worth 180+ quid?
Thinking pretty much the same as you mate about maybe getting a viper or bmc this year and see if i can shave a few more 10/ths of my quarter mile time at York

But i agree not sure if the viper is really worth the money as i only really expect it will give me maybe 1-2 bhp more over my standard set up, which is basically the same as yours but in sted of making a hole in the airbox i run a pipe from where the near side foglight used to be right to the bottom of the airbox to ram cold air straight into it, maybe give that a go mate??? not sure how you have done it putting an extra air pipe to the side of the box works really as the air getting to the opening of the ducting is very restricted, but you seem to get great times at york so maybe it does work!! lol